Following are some of the items which are prohibited from sale on Go Daddy Marketplace. Go Daddy retains sole and absolute discretion to modify this list at any time, and reserves the sole right to determine whether the sale of any particular item is prohibited.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that any product posted for sale on our website is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any item that is deemed by Go Daddy to be illegal for sale, or to fall within one or more of the following categories, is subject to immediate removal from our website. Violations of this Policy may also result in a range of other actions, including but not limited to limits on account privileges, account suspension, account cancellation and/or forfeit of fees on cancelled listings.
You may contact Go Daddy Marketplace to report suspected violations of this Policy by using the "Report a Violation" flag found on every item page. If you are a copyright or trademark holder who believes that your intellectual property rights have been violated, please contact us by following the procedures outlined in the Go Daddy Trademark and/or Copyright Infringement Policy.
- Advertisements. Listings that are intended wholly or mainly as "portals" to commercial or private Web sites for the purposes of advertising, or that offer contact information for non-Go Daddy Marketplace transactions, are prohibited. Links to outside Web sites intended to sell items -- particularly those with non-Go Daddy Marketplace ordering tools or information--are prohibited. Promotional logos to credit outside services are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages, including wine. All such items are prohibited for sale through our site.
- Controlled substances and illegal drugs. This includes, but is not limited to, items used to manufacture controlled substances and/or drug paraphernalia.
- Credit or debit cards (active or inactive).
- Domain names. Go Daddy Marketplace does not permit the sale of internet domain names.
- Donations and charitable solicitations. This includes, but is not limited to, solicitations for donations to charities and non-profit organizations, commercial fundraisers, and any related activities.
- Electronic surveillance equipment. The sale of products that are designed primarily to record the private oral, wire or electronic conversations of others without their knowledge or permission is prohibited. Many such devices are illegal to possess or sell under Title 18, United States Code Section 2512, and their use also violates the law of many countries outside the U.S.
- Firearms, ammunition, and weapons. Go Daddy Marketplace does not permit the listing of projectile and concussive weapons that employ gunpowder or explosives. This includes, but is not limited to, ammunition, rifles, shotguns, pistols, other firearms, fireworks, automatic knifes, throwing stars, spring-loaded knives, switchblades, crossbows, hunting bows, gravity-assisted knives, butterfly knives, throwing knives, nunchaku, weighted clubs, brass knuckles, BB guns, paintball guns, pellet guns, tasers, stun guns, pepper spray, mace, blowguns, weapons designed to be concealed, and any other item deemed inappropriate by Go Daddy Marketplace. Toys that fire rubber pellets or foam darts are permitted.
- Gambling items and businesses. This includes, but is not limited to, any type of online gambling (including poker), lotteries (including sale of lottery tickets), games of chance (including sweepstakes and raffles), sports forecasting, odds-making, sports trading card "grab bags," and slot machines.
- Government IDs, licenses, uniforms and other items. This includes, but is not limited to, all items that claim to be, or that look similar to government identification documents, clothing worn by government personnel, and government/law enforcement badges or equipment. This prohibition extends to all items issued or purported to be issued by the government of any country.
- Hazardous, restricted and perishable items. This includes items that are not permitted for mailing, as set forth in USPS Publication 52 here.
- Healthcare Discount Plans. This includes, but is not limited to, discount healthcare plans or membership programs.
- Illegal items and items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. Such items include, but are not limited to, Cuban cigars, stock and securities, counterfeit currency, postage meters, burglary tools such as lock-picking devices and motor vehicle master keys, smart cards, password sniffers, cable descramblers, and any other product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- Items that infringe upon an individual's privacy. This includes, but is not limited to, any item that contains personally identifiable information, such as bulk email and direct mail lists.
- Living creatures of any kind and unauthorized/illegal wildlife products. The sale of live creatures and unauthorized/illegal wildlife products is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, household pets and livestock, primates, birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and any type of wild and/or exotic animal, as well as animal stud/breeding services. Furthermore, the sale of unauthorized/illegal animal items, such as blood, bodily fluids, skins, organs, tissue, bones, feathers, etc., is also prohibited. The sale of live shellfish and crustaceans is permitted, as long as the seller adheres to all state and federal laws concerning the delivery and sales of these perishable food items.
- Marketing Businesses. This includes, but is not limited to, offers for direct marketing, subscription merchants, telemarketing, multi-level marketing, "up-sell" merchants, infomercial merchants, and rebate-based businesses.
- Membership Clubs. This includes, but is not limed to, buyer clubs, membership clubs, and lifetime memberships or guarantees.
- Miracle Cure Products. This includes, but is not limited to, cures, remedies, enhancement products, health/nutritional products offering "guaranteed" results, or any non prescription drugs or medical devices that make false or misleading claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Movies. Unauthorized copies of movies (VHS, DVD, etc.) may not be sold through Go Daddy Marketplace. Also, movies that have been transferred from one format to another (e.g., NTSC to Pal conversion) are not permitted. Unreleased/prereleased movies, screeners, trailers, unpublished and unauthorized film scripts (no ISBN number), electronic press kits, and unauthorized props are also prohibited.
- Offensive material. Offensive material may include, but is not limited to, crime scene photos, blood, bodily fluids, human organs or body parts. Go Daddy Marketplace reserves the sole and absolute right to determine the appropriateness of products offered on our site.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items that contain hazardous substances. This includes, but is not limited to, contaminated toys, and arts and craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Pornographic products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, X-rated and/or sexually explicit products, materials, and services, soiled undergarments, and dating, escort, and/or prostitution services. The prohibitions in this category (a) apply to both professional and home/amateur products, materials, and services, and (b) extend to all media types (including, but not limited to, internet, phone, video, audio, and printed materials) and all product types (including, but not limited to, clothing, accessories, novelties, and toys).
- Adult-themed or Adult-oriented products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, any items that would be categorized in the “Pornographic products and services” category immediately above, as well as any other products, materials, or services that would be considered adult-themed or adult-oriented, or that use adult-themed or adult-oriented keywords or images in their product names, descriptions or listings.
- Thong or G-String style swimsuits, or swimsuits that use adult-themed or adult-oriented keywords or images in their product names, descriptions or listings.
- Any items that would be categorized as “Intimates and Delicates” or “Socks and Hosiery”, unless under separate and prior written agreement with Go Daddy.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. This includes, but is not limited to, prescriptions, contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles, hearing aids, and drugs prescribed by veterinarians for animals.
- Products that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Products that have been recalled by the CPSC are prohibited. For a comprehensive list of recalled items, please visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
- Promotional media. Media that is produced and distributed for promotional use only, including but not limited to, movies, CDs, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proof(s), etc.), may not be sold on Go Daddy Marketplace,
- Real estate. Real estate may not be offered for sale through our website.
- Recopied media. Material that infringes on third party intellectual property, including but not limited to, copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, software, and images, is prohibited.
- Replicas of trademarked items. The sale of unauthorized replicas (e.g., replica designer handbags or watches), pirated, counterfeit, and knockoff merchandise is not permitted.
- Restricted or regulated plants, seeds and/or insects. This includes but is not limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Rights of publicity. Celebrity images and/or the use of celebrity names cannot be used for commercial purposes without the express permission of a celebrity or his/her management. This includes product endorsements and merchandise such as posters, mouse pads, clocks, clothing and unauthorized celebrity image collections.
- Satellite. Any item that enables unauthorized transmission/reception of a satellite broadcast/signal is prohibited. This includes H cards, test cards, smart cards, etc.
- Services. The sale of professional or personal services of any kind is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, collection agency and/or credit services, including offers for debt collection or processing services, credit counseling, credit repair services, credit protection, and/or identity theft protection.
- Software. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through Go Daddy Marketplace. Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (prerelease), unauthorized freeware/shareware, and "softlifted" software versions are prohibited.
- Stolen goods or property with the serial number removed. Any product determined not to be the property of the seller or which the seller is not authorized to sell is prohibited.
- Teacher's edition textbooks. The sale of teacher's editions of textbooks and solutions manuals that are intended solely for use by teachers is not permitted.
- Telephone services. This includes, but is not limited to, offers for 800 or 900 phone services and audio text services, prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Tickets, coupons and gift cards. This includes, but is not limited to, any tickets, coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer or that the seller is not authorized to sell.
- Tobacco and tobacco products. The sale of cigars, cigarettes, and other tobacco products is prohibited.
- Transit and shipping related items. The sale of postal or shipping company uniforms, blueprints or schematics of airports, subway systems or train stations, design plans of commercial airline jets or engines, and/or any related, official, non-public documents, is not permitted on Go Daddy Marketplace.
- Video games. Video games sold through Go Daddy Marketplace must be official retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Mod chips, silver disks, video game emulators, Sega bootdisks, game enhancers, unauthorized video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.