cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

2 Factor Authentication Cancellation Problem

My Case, I am using the Google Authentication App as 2 Factor Authentication. Unfortunately, my phone got reset. So all of the apps and data have been wiped.

There is no way to add the GoDaddy entry to the Google Authentication App again. This is done by scanning a QR code from inside the account. 

So my only option is to have the 2 Factor Authentication removed. This poses a problem for me as it requires the Registered Company Name and its details. The company name I have on my account is not registered so I can't present any real details for it.

I have presented the 2 step auth cancellation support with all the details I have -- Username, Password, PIN, email, and CC Number used to pay the account's bills. But they still won't accept. 

Any help unto which direction I should take this would be very much appreciated. Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: 2 Factor Authentication Cancellation Problem

Hi @ericb. Thanks for posting. Typically, if you reply to the account recovery team and let them know the business you've listed is not a registered company, they will give you further options. However, if you've set up the account only using the business name and it's not a real business, you more than likely won't be able to regain access to the account. This is why it's important to always have accurate account information. 

If you do find that you're not able to get back into the account in question, you can submit a request at changeupdate.com to move any domains that are in the account into another account you control, so long as you are listed as the registrant for the domains. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Thank you for your reply! 

I need to clarify, on your comment, you mentioned that they will give me further options if the company is not registered and I would have trouble if it's not a real business. What's the difference between not registered and not real?

We've been meaning to update the data correctly but I guess we should have done it sooner.  

It's very frustrating that I can prove, using other credentials, that I own the account and I'm currently even getting new bills for renewals. 

I did email the 2 step cancellation support a few times and I've gotten very short replies via email. I've been requested the same data a few times, it's like it's not being tracked. Smiley Sad

I was hoping to get a number I could directly call so I know I would be talking to the same person throughout and not be in a message (email) with a new person every time. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ericb Sorry for any confusion. I was using the terms "not registered" and "not a real business" interchangeably. Essentially, if you enter the company name as the account owner and that information does not reflect a real company, there isn't a way to prove you are the legitimate account owner (because you'd need to be able to prove you're a representative of a company that doesn't exist.  I can understand how this would be a frustrating situation for you, but there are very strict guidelines that we must follow when providing account access.

There isn't a direct line to speak with the account recovery team. The closest thing would be to contact our customer care team, who can reach out to the account recovery team on your behalf. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.