Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can a Person with Delegated Access use Customer Support Chat?

If I delegate somebody so they can set up websites, manage redirects and give them the highest level of delegated access, will they be able to contact customer support via chat?

As it is now, chat support requires a one-time code that's sent to a mobile phone. If a person with delegated access is in a different time zone, this is a pain.

So, is this possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Hello and welcome to the Community @CornerstoneHT. The beauty of delegate access is the person with delegate access contacts customer support using their account number  and authenicates into their account. From there they can be assisted with any account they have delegate access to. Delegate access would not be able to do things like billing but getting your website up and pointing your domain should not be an issue.

I have setup countless websites using only delegate access. So that you are at ease know that delegate access is perfectly suitable for seeing up your website and contacting support for assistance. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Hello and welcome to the Community @CornerstoneHT. The beauty of delegate access is the person with delegate access contacts customer support using their account number  and authenicates into their account. From there they can be assisted with any account they have delegate access to. Delegate access would not be able to do things like billing but getting your website up and pointing your domain should not be an issue.

I have setup countless websites using only delegate access. So that you are at ease know that delegate access is perfectly suitable for seeing up your website and contacting support for assistance. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post