cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
carissa88
Getting Started

Cancel auto renewal and get refund

I am currently on holiday in Sri Lanka and cannot call any helpline to cancel my domain. How can I get this done and request a refund? It has auto renewed for 2 years which I did not want.

I have tried to cancel it on my phone but it says the option is not available.

Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @carissa88. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you need a refund, I would get in touch with our customer care team as soon as possible. They would be the only ones that would be able to help with this. As for canceling the domain, if you don't have the option to do this, then I'd guess you may have Protected Registration. That is a service that prevents a domain from being removed from an account. If that's the case, you'll need to take special steps to cancel the Protected Registration service before canceling your domain. Also, most multi-year domain renewals are only refundable if the domain is canceled within the first 5 days. Customer care would have the best information for you. 

If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @carissa88. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you need a refund, I would get in touch with our customer care team as soon as possible. They would be the only ones that would be able to help with this. As for canceling the domain, if you don't have the option to do this, then I'd guess you may have Protected Registration. That is a service that prevents a domain from being removed from an account. If that's the case, you'll need to take special steps to cancel the Protected Registration service before canceling your domain. Also, most multi-year domain renewals are only refundable if the domain is canceled within the first 5 days. Customer care would have the best information for you. 

If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post