Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling email is not an option!

Due to Covid I closed my business on 10/1/20.  On 1/5/21 I closed my email account. I did not turn off auto renewal so was billed for another year. Two chats with their support folks were confusing. One said I was eligible for a refund. The second contact (after I received an email my refund was cancelled) said email was not refundable. I don't get it.  I am no longer in business, I thought my cancellation was properly reported, but since thru auto renew they got my money they indicate "too bad".  Great customer service (and no empathy or listening skills either!)

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

HI @pegrichards. Thanks for posting. First, sorry to hear that you had to shut down your business due to Covid. I know this has been a difficult time for many, and I'm sure it's been a difficult time for you as well. 

Our renewal policy can be a little bit confusing. In terms of how refunds work for automatic renewals, it generally comes down to three factors:

• The product - Some products are not eligible for refunds. (Email is not one of them).
  • How long the renewal was for - For refund purposes, there are monthly and annual renewals. Any renewal less than one year is considered monthly. Any renewal of one or more year is annual. 
  • When the product is canceled - For annual products, they can generally be refunded if the product is canceled within 30 days of the renewal. For Monthly products, the cancelation has to occur within 48 hour of the renewal. 

For example, if your email plan renewed in January for an annual plan, the refund window would be available if the email plan was canceled within 30 days of when the renewal occurred. 

As for why you were told your order was refundable and then it turns out it wasn't, I'm guessing the agent you spoke with didn't have the right understanding of how things are. I'm sorry if that's the case and I'll make sure your specific support instance is reviewed. 

I hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.