cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Cannot change market place for online store

This concern is related to change marketing place for my online store at Organikrishi.com to 'India'.

Recently, I upgraded my website from GoCentral Business to Go Central Online. After, I published my products in my online store, I found there currency is in USD instead of INR.

I contacted so called 'award wininning' GoDaddy helpdesk multiple times, to change that currency type to INR but still situation is same.

I already spent more than 8 hrs with them over phone...making them understand in each call what the situation is..and how we can resolve it. But still situation is same !

Some days before, they even raised one ticket : 38825369 and confirmed me that once ticket is resolved I will be able to change currency type to INR.

After 1 month, situation is same...and now I am tired contacting them again and again.
They have stopped taking my calls also now.

I doubt if Godaddy has qualified team of support staff..?
I just want them to change my GoCentral Online market place to India.

Is there anyone, who can help me in this..?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Cannot change market place for online store

I'm sorry if you've had a disappointing experience, @mritunjayadixit. Currently, the Marketplace feature in Online Store is only intended for US customers. The feature utilizes a 3rd party provider, who hasn't branched out into other countries yet. This is why you wouldn't be able to use it in INR. The option to add Marketplace shouldn't appear within your account unless you've switched over to the US version of the GoDaddy site. International use of Marketplace may be available in the future, but I'm not sure when or if that will happen. I apologize for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW,

Thank you for your revert.

Ok, in that case support team should have checked my account domain before upgrading it to GoCentral online.

If marketplace by default is set to 'US' , they should have denied upgrading it. Instead, they charged approximate 18000 INR from me for this upgrade and confirmed that time that I will be able to use online feature in India with product prices in INR.

When I paid money, they keep making fool of me...by asking me to wait some more days before prices will be displayed in INR. I waited for some days and then after multiple follow up with different people in support team, when it seems to me that things could not be done... I asked support team to refund my whole amount 18000 INR and degrade my website to 'GoCentral business' plan.

Instead, Support team told that they couldn't change plan of my website to 'GoCentral Business' . I was given only 1 option , of deactivating my domain.

Why I should bear this loss..when this fault is from GoDaddy side. Why I deactivate my account..?

If you deactivate my account ...then I should be given ..18000 INR + the amount I paid in securing my domain for 2 years to GoDaddy..?
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mritunjayadixit To clarify, the Marketplace service is an option you enable to be able to sell your products on other platforms, like Amazon. That is the part that's not available outside the US. However, Online Store is available in India and you should be able to use INR for any of your products listed on a GoCentral site. You can change the currency for your Online Store by clicking on the Manage button (next to Store in the editor) and then going to the Store dropdown menu. From there, choose General under the Settings section. You should be able to change the currency there. I hope that helps. 

OLS-change-currency1.pngOLS-change-currency.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW,

This regional info setting in the general section are disabled for my domain. I couldn't change them to'INR'. There currency is by default set to 'USD'.

If you could enable that section for me, that will be great.

@JesseW,

It is showing that, some fields couldn't be edited since marketplace require these settings.

Could you make these options editable for me...?

Country and currency options.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mritunjayadixit. If you're still seeing messaging that says you're not able to change some settings due to Marketplaces still being on the account, I'd first suggest clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't help and you have heard from our support team that this was turned off you'll need to connect with them once more to have the situation double checked. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this isn't something I'd be able to do for you. 

@JesseW,

I have already spent more than 8 hrs with support teams including there supervisors over phone requesting them to change marketplace settings for my account.

Either they don't understand or they don't want to do it or they don't know how to do it.

Is there any escalation matrix, where I could escalate same.... ?

@JesseW,

Thank you for your support.
Issue has been resolved!
Now I can change marketplace country to India and currency to INR!

Thank you very much !

May I ask you to please ask GoDaddy to have sensible support staff which can understand their customer issues and resolve them timely instead of keep delaying them just because they don't have expertise for that.