cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
joshpluslizz
Getting Started

Change Billing to Client

I typically will send my clients a shopping cart and then complete the purchase on their behalf. I've assigned the products to them, but it seems that they do not "own" them. How can I ensure they own the products and not me? Additionally, I would like to change the renewal billing to go to them and not me. How can I do this? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh, okay @joshpluslizz I totally missed that reference and the Pro label on your profile. The Pro abilities can differ from client to client. I have many clients attached in my Pro dashboard so I've gone to almost exclusivity to using the share cart method. Some clients I can shop for, sign in/checkout or bill their card on file but I find that the base share cart or email cart is the cleanest baseline method. Trying to pick who to bill to would prove problematic for me?

Basically I follow the steps in Add products for your clients (especially for new clients) and use the Email cart to client method, making sure to ask for account permissions if I don't have them. In the future I might directly charge their card? For the most part I prefer to have the charge button push to be on the client as sometimes there is information to read and agree to. Perhaps there are some other Pros that use other methods? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rd
Super User 2020 Super User 2020
Super User 2020

It doesn't seem like you're taking advantage of the Pro program available from GoDaddy @joshpluslizz? I find that Pro is a great way to handle clients that use GoDaddy as their solution provider. There are tons of great features, I suggest that you check it out at godaddy.com/pro I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Actually I am. I’m referring to the pro dashboard where it says “bill to”. It says billing to me but I want it to bill to the client.

Oh, okay @joshpluslizz I totally missed that reference and the Pro label on your profile. The Pro abilities can differ from client to client. I have many clients attached in my Pro dashboard so I've gone to almost exclusivity to using the share cart method. Some clients I can shop for, sign in/checkout or bill their card on file but I find that the base share cart or email cart is the cleanest baseline method. Trying to pick who to bill to would prove problematic for me?

Basically I follow the steps in Add products for your clients (especially for new clients) and use the Email cart to client method, making sure to ask for account permissions if I don't have them. In the future I might directly charge their card? For the most part I prefer to have the charge button push to be on the client as sometimes there is information to read and agree to. Perhaps there are some other Pros that use other methods? 

View solution in original post