Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmark52
New

Disappointed by no refund

I started a website last March 2016, new business site. I was told at the time, if it didn't work out I could close the site and get a credit. Today 01/04/2018, I called to kill the site and post a credit to my account. I was told I could not do that. I feel that I was either lied to to get a sale, or provided bad information from a Go Daddy agent, intentional or not, the result is the same.

It's only $116, but I have 2 other sites I could divert the money to.

This is disappointing; I thought others should be aware.

5 REPLIES 5
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@jmark52 wrote:

I started a website last March 2016, new business site. I was told at the time, if it didn't work out I could close the site and get a credit. Today 01/04/2018, I called to kill the site and post a credit to my account. I was told I could not do that. I feel that I was either lied to to get a sale, or provided bad information from a Go Daddy agent, intentional or not, the result is the same.

It's only $116, but I have 2 other sites I could divert the money to.

This is disappointing; I thought others should be aware.

@jmark52 I'm assuming that you renewed the hosting in 2017? I've never heard of any company offering a refund after 2 years. Typically with Godaddy they have timeframes for refunds such as Hosting which has a 30 day refund policy if the hosting hasn't been setup. 

Hosting Services

If a Hosting Service has already been performed, then it is non-refundable (if not yet performed, eligible for a refund within 30 days of the date of the transaction).

You can find more info here: https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

---

Started in 2017. I specifically asked the question before I went thru with the deal. I don't know what's normal, just know what i was told.

@jmark52 wrote:

Started in 2017. I specifically asked the question before I went thru with the deal. I don't know what's normal, just know what i was told.

@jmark52 I see, it does sound like it was told to you to get the sale, in the future I'd read the refund policy prior to purchasing since most phone support at Godaddy do not really understand the products themselves. 

--

cljblind
New

You should be in my seat. I called to ransfer my domains  out and unless I agree to use texting they refuse. I am blind and limitd to my adaptive technology, I spent more than three hours on the phone trying to resolve (at my expense) and I do not recommend this company to anyone. It has been 14 years and they are deystroying my life.

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @cljblind. Thanks for sharing your concern. Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time with this. My guess would be that the domain you want to transfer has protected registration on it. This is a protective service that is added to registrations to intentionally make it difficult to remove a domain from an account. In order to transfer your domain, you'd need to cancel that service first.

Due to the nature of the product, it does not use the typical cancelation process. There are two ways you can cancel it. The one that most find easiest is to enable two-step verification. Once enabled, you can then cancel the Protected Registration service. I'm not sure if this was communicated to you, but you do have other options when it comes to activating the verification. SMS messaging is a common way, but we also support authentication apps like Authy and Google Authenticator. I'm not sure what technology you have access to, but I know many mobile devices also have accessibility features such as a screen reader to read what is on your device. Alternatively, if you have a friend, family member, or assistant, they would also be able to help with this option. 

If receiving a code via a mobile device isn't possible for you, then the alternative is to fill out and submit the form found at https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/ProtectedRegistration/Index. This process takes a bit longer but may be easier for you, especially if you have a friend, family member, or assistant that can help out. I hope you're able to get this figured out! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.