Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Dannx4
New

Domain Buy Service not refunded

Sales Advisor ( Monika promised that in case there were not able to get contact from the domain owner (which she says has never happened before) within 30 days that the amount would be refunded.

Godaddy have "failed to get in touch with the domain owner" of course they simply ignored my emails about the amount that was supposed to be refunded. 

Please whatever you do do not choose Godaddy for anything. The domain I had opted to buy had even expired and they are the registrar of it yet they don't tell you who owns it (if someone else actually owns it or not) and they scam you acting like an honest broker that can guarantee contact.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MrVapor
Super User 2020

Hey there @Dannx4,

Again, I understand your frustration, but I repeat that no one on this forum will be able to help you with this situation.

We are not employees of GoDaddy.

We are community volunteers, with a ton of experience with GoDaddy Hosting and Domains. No one on this forum has access to help with a billing issue. That requires account access that you need to call in for and verify.

You need to do the following if you want a resolution on this issue:

• Call the support line, request the billing department, and explain your situation.
  • If the customer service rep says they can't help you or they aren't clear on how to correct the issue, POLITELY ask to speak with a supervisor about it.
  • Explain the situation to the supervisor, request that a call review is completed, and request that they email you or call if at all possible.

If it went down like you say it did, they'll be able to hear that on the call. They'll then make a determination on how to reimburse you if that's what the evidence states. It's simple, but it's a process.

The most important thing you can do is just stay calm. Yup, sounds like a super-frustrating situation. It can be remedied, though, if everyone stays calm and looks at the evidence.

Hope that helps.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MrVapor
Super User 2020

Hey there @Dannx4,

Unfortunately, no one in this community forum will be able to help with issues regarding billing or purchases that you've made as we're not employees and we don't have access to GoDaddy's backend. In order to resolve this issue, you need to call in to phone support or open a live-chat. Speak with the Billing department and they may be able to help you out. Ask them to review the call with the customer service rep and, if she made those kinds of promises, then you will likely get a refund.

On the topic of the Domain Buy Service, there is no promise that you will get the domain you want. The fee is to cover the time a broker goes to the owner of the domain and negotiates for you. Whether you get the domain or not is inconsequential. The fee is to cover the time of the broker negotiating for you, not to actually purchase the domain itself. You would have to pay additional money to cover the asking price of the domain plus a 10% "finders fee," which is all clearly laid out on the product page.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Hello @MrVapor

The issue posted here is not about the guaranteed sale of a domain, but the guaranteed response received by the domain owner. This was promised by your sales advisor Monica who double checked this with her manager before saying it in a recorded phone call.

She specifically said that " If no response (any type of response) is obtained by the domain owner within 30 days then the amount will be refunded."

MrVapor
Super User 2020

Hey there @Dannx4,

Again, I understand your frustration, but I repeat that no one on this forum will be able to help you with this situation.

We are not employees of GoDaddy.

We are community volunteers, with a ton of experience with GoDaddy Hosting and Domains. No one on this forum has access to help with a billing issue. That requires account access that you need to call in for and verify.

You need to do the following if you want a resolution on this issue:

• Call the support line, request the billing department, and explain your situation.
  • If the customer service rep says they can't help you or they aren't clear on how to correct the issue, POLITELY ask to speak with a supervisor about it.
  • Explain the situation to the supervisor, request that a call review is completed, and request that they email you or call if at all possible.

If it went down like you say it did, they'll be able to hear that on the call. They'll then make a determination on how to reimburse you if that's what the evidence states. It's simple, but it's a process.

The most important thing you can do is just stay calm. Yup, sounds like a super-frustrating situation. It can be remedied, though, if everyone stays calm and looks at the evidence.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post