cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Fax to email

Is there anyone else who is a GoDaddy customer that is using the Fax to Email service that was NOT notified that the service is being eliminated 12/31/2018?? I found this out by accident yesterday when I called Customer Service about an unrelated issue and had it sprung on me by the Phone Rep. After several hours and 4 different people I spoke to I still have no answers about the date the service is actually going away, several different answers about whether or not the phone number can be ported or not to another provider. No process on how to get that done, nor timing. GoDaddy allowed the renewal of the service that I pay monthly all with knowing that they are eliminating the service. Apparently GODADDY has no escalation process to deal with this issue or any issues. I was told I couldn't get a call back but that I should just keep checking my email and their website for updates.  They supposedly sent ONE EMAIL OUT TO CUSTOMERS ON OCTOBER 1 however I never received the email. I was told by both a phone rep and his manager that they knew of a problem with the emails being sent and not received but told me it was unfortunate that I didn't receive the email and basically I would have to quickly with less then two weeks find an alternative solution for my fax service. If ANYONE including GODADDY has any updated information about this service elimination and how to get the number ported it would be greatly appreciated. And the timing of when the service is actually being turned off.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fax to email

Hi @jark4. Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for any confusion or distress. I was able to confirm a few points for you:

• The end of service has been delayed, likely until February. 
  • We're still working on a solution to port fax numbers (reason for the delay). 
  • Only a small amount of our customers were sent an email (because of the delay).
  • There WILL be further communication when the above issues are resolved. 
  • If any remaining time remains on a FTE plan after the service is disabled, you can receive a refund for any remaining time. 

If I find out more information about this, I'll share it here. Again, sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We have never received any communications about fax thru e-mail being discontinued.

Today one of my staff had trouble logging in, and when I attempted to get the problem resolved using live chat, the rep simply said, "Apologies, but fax thru email has already been discontinued." And he went on to claim that a message was sent to ALL customers back in October. But JesseW's message below acknowledges clearly that MOST customers did NOT receive any notification.

The chat rep flatly refused to provide any support at all. I repeatedly pointed out that the login page still loads, and that numerous help pages are still on the GoDaddy website. (I had not yet found THIS message thread.)

He claimed that the pages would be taken offline "soon." I told him that our fax phone number IS STILL WORKING. He claimed it could be disconnected at any time. He simply refused to help. And he refused to acknowledge that the service is still active.

Our service IS still active. After I ended the chat, somehow, magically, we were able to log in again. I don't know if the rep figured out how to fix it, or if the problem resolved itself.

The outrageous behavior of the chat rep is inexcusable. It is clear that NO NOTIFICATION has been sent to MOST customers. But GoDaddy reps actually believe that the service has been cut off. This is completely unacceptable. We are now seriously considering taking legal action over this matter.

Cutting off service without proper notification is a breach of contract. Failure to provide support for a service that is active, and for which we have been BILLED, is also a breach of contract. I intend to make certain that GoDaddy is held legally liable for these failures.

If anyone at GoDaddy actually cares about this, and wants to AVOID litigation, I encourage you to e-mail me directly at tax@sgaweb.net, and provide your first and last name, and your direct office telephone number, to discuss this matter further.

BMK

New

We still haven't had any updates, I have reached out about how I can port our number to a new provider and GoDaddy says they haven't figured that out yet. But we still have never been notified at all about this. The customer service aspect of this has been horrible. I have been hung up on. Told by managers that they sent and email and I must have missed it yet they can't resend it. One excuse after another and still no answers. Extremely frustrating and they don't seem to care about small businesses that use their service of Fax to Email they act like it's no big deal to just discontinue it without notice or solutions to move our number.

New

Any updates on this since we are now into March 2019 and we still haven't heard ANYTHING???

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jark4 - I apologize for the lack of updates, but there hasn't been a change so far. I know February has come and gone, but we're still working on setting up a good porting solution for customers so they don't have to worry about missing faxes. You should be able to continue renewing your plan month by month while we continue to work on this. There will definitely be communicated to customers directly once we have the porting solution figured out. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jark4 wrote:

We still haven't had any updates, I have reached out about how I can port our number to a new provider and GoDaddy says they haven't figured that out yet. But we still have never been notified at all about this. The customer service aspect of this has been horrible. I have been hung up on. Told by managers that they sent and email and I must have missed it yet they can't resend it. One excuse after another and still no answers. Extremely frustrating and they don't seem to care about small businesses that use their service of Fax to Email they act like it's no big deal to just discontinue it without notice or solutions to move our number.

Sorry I missed this reply. Not all customers got the notice that we were going to end the service. This is because we stopped sending the notices once we discovered that this was going to be problematic. I apologize that this wasn't explained when you called in. Once a plan is in place, information will definitely start flowing out. 

JesseW--

Thank you for responding to jark4's messages, and for providing an update that is not really an update.

I hope you will take the time to respond to MY message from March 6. We experienced an interruption in our fax thru email service yesterday. When I logged into live chat support, the rep refused to provide any assistance, and he repeatedly insisted that fax thru email has been discontinued.

As I stated in my earlier message, the failure to provide technical support for a service that is active and for which we have been billed is a serious breach of contract.

Your friendly "updates" and reassurances are meaningless if most GoDaddy support reps believe that fax thru email has been discontinued. As I stated earlier, if we do not receive a meaningful reply, we intend to pursue this matter through arbitration.

BMK

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone. Wanted to give a quick update to let you know that plans to end our Fax Thru Email service have been suspended indefinitely. You should be able to continue using the service without interruption until further notice. If you have any problems with your Fax Thru Email account, please feel free to reach out to our customer care team. If you speak to an agent that is not aware that the end of service has been suspended, feel free to follow up with me via PM and I will make sure your interaction with them is reviewed internally. Thanks!

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

@JesseWWill the product be coming back for new plans?  I did find it odd it was to be phased out without replacement while GoDaddy was also expanding phone options.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey @Nate. We won't be bringing back new plans. The service will still end eventually, we just don't have a specific date for when that will happen. Once we do have a specific date, that will be communicated well in advance. 

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

@JesseWThanks for the update!