Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Fairlinks
New

Fraudulent transactions

Hi

I am from India and  have an account with GoDaddy since 2008, which I used only for domain registration. Currently, I have only one active domain which is hosted with Stable Host.

The other day I noted that Go Daddy  debited my account and registered three domains without my request or authorization. And, these domains were hosted at Go Daddy's server with a monthly charge of $29.16 each. They collected the payment from my PayPal account. Further they have changed the DNS of my only existing domain/site hosted with StableHost to their server.

I have deleted the all these products through my account.  Since Go Daddy discontinued email support, I have raised the issue with their customer care  yesterday over phone. The person attended the call, after verification said she would refund the amount and would escalate the issue to check how these domains were registered/ hosted. I have not received any mail confirmation or credit from Go Daddy. Would like to know how can get the issue resolved. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@Fairlinks wrote:

Hi

I am from India and  have an account with GoDaddy since 2008, which I used only for domain registration. Currently, I have only one active domain which is hosted with Stable Host.

The other day I noted that Go Daddy  debited my account and registered three domains without my request or authorization. And, these domains were hosted at Go Daddy's server with a monthly charge of $29.16 each. They collected the payment from my PayPal account. Further they have changed the DNS of my only existing domain/site hosted with StableHost to their server.

I have deleted the all these products through my account.  Since Go Daddy discontinued email support, I have raised the issue with their customer care  yesterday over phone. The person attended the call, after verification said she would refund the amount and would escalate the issue to check how these domains were registered/ hosted. I have not received any mail confirmation or credit from Go Daddy. Would like to know how can get the issue resolved. Thanks

@Fairlinks Please contact Godaddy at the "contact us" page or by clicking the chat link at the bottom of this page for assistance. Please have your renewal receipt ready with the confirmation code for a refund.

---

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@Fairlinks wrote:

Hi

@Fairlinks Please contact Godaddy at the "contact us" page or by clicking the chat link at the bottom of this page for assistance. Please have your renewal receipt ready with the confirmation code for a refund.

---

View solution in original post

On March 21, 2018 someone bought a domain through GoDaddy using my account and my credit card. He also attempted to auction off several of my domains. I spent a long time on the phone getting through to an agent and after another investment of my time, I was assured the issue was cleared up and all the transactions had been cancelled. I changed my password, spoke with my credit card company and slept easy that night.

This morning, Tuesday March 27, 2018, I found several disturbing emails from GoDaddy advising me on the 'success' of my auction sale and the purchase of a new domain! I had neither initiated nor approved these transactions. The auction sale was of particularly infuriating, as it is a strong keyword phrase that generates a lot of business for me. It is now almost 10 hours since my first conversation with GoDaddy and the state of my domain is still in limbo.

Twice in one week my account was invaded, and transactions went through without my knowledge or permission.

I have had the same happen to me on 1st May 2018, accounts set to do not auto renew had transactions made on a paypal account using a credit card never linked to paypal.

The support refuses to help and forces you to a call number (billing) which never answers, be warned this company is nothing short of a pack of crooks.

The worst bit a continual stream of messages stating "We appreciate your business and cant wait to exceed our expectations, please stay on the line." after 3 hrs.

You have been warned, dont use godaddy, goanywherebutdaddy.

Wow - Exactly the same happened to me 2 days ago. I've been charged from GoDaddy 

Contact information

billing@godaddy.com
+44 2079792661

Note from Go Daddy Europe Limited

CHASOVNIK359.COM

This is a domain that I have no connection with. In my Godaddy account, I have only 1 domain and it isn't this one.
I believe this is a major fraudulent transaction. Paypal will not refund on the basis that the transaction was authorized as a subscription.
Really strange!

Annaperry
New

Hi @Annaperry

Thank you for you post. If you believe there is fraudulent activity please contact our customer services line so that we may address the issue.

480-505-8877 is the 24/7 US support line.

Here is a list of other support lines as well for different regions ( some but not all are 24/7)

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Hope this helps!

-TechFly