cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy Chat feedback

If you're fortunate enough to find the ever moving, almost always hidden or offline chat button, you'll realize quickly that GoDaddy doesn't actually employ competent agents who know GoDaddy's products, or services. 

You'll find half of the agents communicate with the use of screenshots, while the other half insists they fly blind and there's no way, not even though email, to ensure we're both looking at the same thing.

You'll repeat yourself OVER and OVER because these agents don't actually read what you're typing. They will however make sure not to hesitate to up-sell you or insist on renewing products before they even look at the reason you contacted them in the first place.

These agents will lie to you. "Your website is loading perfectly fine" they claim (after insisting they cannot send a screenshot) even though I took the website down because I was pretty sure they were full of it.

30 minutes in and you're lucky if the chat agent messaged back "thanks for validating your account". 

You will have multiple agents tell you one thing, then another handful of agents tell you that the previous agent was wrong. This of course is after days of your email not working or your website being down because of something GoDaddy told you to do.

You will spend hours on chat. Hours. You will get nowhere 90% of the time. I say 90% because there was this one time when I actually got an agent that spoke unbroken English and actually knew the products.

The agent I spoke to today claimed he couldn't even locate my server. I had to prove to him I had one with GoDaddy by...you guessed it! Sharing a mother f'in screenshot that they supposedly can't do.

This chat is a complete joke. It's sole purpose is just so GD can have bragging rights that they have chat support to hook unsuspecting victims into using their REALLY SLOW and sluggish servers.

Did I mention their servers are SUPER SLOW and constantly max out on i/o just by refreshing a page? 

Do not use GoDaddy for anything if you value your time and sanity. Their chat agents and services are complete garbage. 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GoDaddy Chat feedback

Hi @Goldendust. Very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our chat support team. That certainly sounds extremely frustrating. The quality of our customer care experience is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like an experience we'd want anyone to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.