cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

GoDaddy Support Team Asking for 2FA Code

Hello Ppl,

Has anyone come across the following with godaddy support team ?.

i had an issue with a dns and had to contact the support staff via chat. During the chat i had authenticated with account number and PIN. After which the support person on chat asked for google 2FA code i had set up for the account. Doesnt it look weird ?. None of the providers ask for the 2FA token. let me know folks if thats the case for all of you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Rl3. Thanks for posting. Our customer care guides do need your 2FA code before they can access your account and information. This is for the overall security of the account. Care guides can update much of your account information once they are validated into your account. This is why we require anyone calling in or chatting about the account to provide the PIN and authentication code for the account. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

It sounds like you may have Protected Registration, if so this would need to be setup before you can make certain changes to the domain.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-protected-registration-1286

https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-two-step-verification-7502

Community Manager

Hi @Rl3. Thanks for posting. Our customer care guides do need your 2FA code before they can access your account and information. This is for the overall security of the account. Care guides can update much of your account information once they are validated into your account. This is why we require anyone calling in or chatting about the account to provide the PIN and authentication code for the account. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post