Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

GoDaddy won't refund me

Hello.

Today I've contacted chat support in order to request a refund for a product I bought 24 days ago. In Refund Policy it says next:

Products purchased from GoDaddy.com, LLC may be refunded only if cancelled within the following timeframe:

Annual Plans+ - Within 30 days of the date of the transaction.

Two Indian support managers for almost 2 hours was lying to me, and was trying to convince me that this doesn't not applies to domain names, but in Refund Policy, in Standard Refund Terms, black font, white background, it says: Products purchased from GoDaddy.com, LLC may be refunded only in cancelled withing the following timeframe: Annual Plans+ - Within 30 days of the date of the transaction.

I got myself domain name with annual plan only 24 days ago, so I got all rights to refund it according to Refund Policy.

Lies of the support managers:

image.png

Time.. consumed.. 1 month. Product start date: 5/24/2019...

Changing plans, now we're going to ignore first words of Refund Policy:

image.png

Supervisor joins the game:

image.png

image.png

The main detail is on top. 30 days refund for any products purchased with annual plan.

With only exclusion: +Security products with remediation service cannot be refunded once a cleanup request has been submitted.

Next two hours is going to be all like:

image.png

image.png

(Talks about "Annual Plans+ - Within 30 days of the date of the transaction.". Obviously lying, there is no such exclusions like not for domains, or only for SSL, Hosting etc)

image.png

(What I'm referring to is on the top of the document)

image.png

(Ha-ha)

Policy page saved to WebArchive.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: GoDaddy won't refund me

The section of the refund policy quoted does not apply to domain names, rather it is for GoDaddy products like Web Hosting, Managed WordPress, and GoCentral.  If you would scroll down on the refund policy page and you'll find a few sections specifically on domain registrations.  For most domains the standard terms are 5 days (120 hours), but there are also 2 additional sections covering different terms and non-refundable domains.

https://uk.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy

New

As a customer, first thing you see in return policy is Standard Refund Terms which includes policy for any product purchased with annual plans can be refunded within 30 days after transaction. Thing you and your Indian friends doing - is trying to interpret refund policy in your favor. Which means already that Standard Refund Terms is scam, same scam as your GoDaddy service. If you won't refund me, I will do it with my bank, which is might be easier.

It's unbelievable that some kind of service like this is in top 10 solutions for domain names. I will try to use G a n d i, they also give 2 mailboxes with 3gb per domain.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Uxi Thanks for the feedback in regard to the clarity of our refund policy. While it's true that the standard terms appear at the top of the policy, there is a clarifying note just a little further down the page that says this:

Note: Some products have different policies or requirements for a refund associated with them, including some products that are not eligible for a refund under any circumstance.  Please see below for refund terms applicable to such products.

The standard terms apply to anything that doesn't have a separate call out in the remainder of the refund policy. I hope that helps. 

Also, to clarify, @Nate is not a GoDaddy employee. He's a fellow community member like yourself.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Uxi  I am not a GoDaddy employee, rather another member like yourself just trying to help you understand.  It is unfortunate that the domain is beyond the refundable term, but this is outside of the control of GoDaddy as the registrations are administrated by 3rd party registries. 

You're adding something in your interpretation of the first few sentences of the refund policy and apparently ignoring the rest.  The standard terms do not positively indicate your product, rather it is indicated as a fallback that only applies to products without their own specific terms. 

An analogy for example, my city has a standard speed limit.  It only applies to streets without signs posted but on streets that do have speed limit signs the standard speed limit does not apply.  I do understand it's frustrating to miss out on a refund, but hopefully now you have a better understanding as to why.