Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Godady Deleted My Website

Hello;

Ya I was using a really old version of the web builder.  From what I remember it was called website tonight.  it was discontinued a while ago.  Never got around to finishing the updated website hey if it is not broke do not fix it right?  Well a couple Wednesdays ago i started receiving top errors from my google search console.  Couple days later customer tells me my website is gone.  Called good old godaddy support and they have no idea where my old website went.  In the end they say maybe it was because your product is end of life.  Maybe? Maybe?  Website gone files gone no way to recover it.  No apologies nothing.  Actually tried to pressure me into buying another year of service with the new web builder.  So disappointed with Godaddy that they have lost a customer who has been loyal for at least a decade.  GOOD JOB CORPORATE BUREAUCRACY!!!!!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP HUZZZZZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Godady Deleted My Website

Hi @AaronS. Thanks for taking the time to share your story. That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. We did have a site builder called WebSite Tonight, but this was renamed to Website Builder v6 back in 2012. It sounds like maybe you had upgraded but we rolled you back to a previous version to give you time to move your content. I'm sorry if the agent you spoke with didn't realize this is a possibility. If this is the case, what would need to happen is you'd need to have a care team member reach out to our advanced support team to see if they could roll you back to a previous version again. If you've already published a v7 Website Builder site (which is what I'm guessing you're on now) they may not be able to do it. If worse comes to worst, you can try to find the content of your site on the Wayback Machine. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.