cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Help reporting spam/scam emails from GoDaddy

I want to report a scam/spam email from GoDaddy but this time [it's not the first time I've gotten such a message] it's well done enough to cause me to question if it is in face a GD email.

So, I tried to do a chat == it says it is connecting at 11:25 a today and I'm #1 and -0- wait minutes.  No problem...other than as of 11:47 I'm still #1 in line and no response....I don't think I need to waste time calling in on the phone = I can email the suspect item if there was a way to do that = or even chat = but apparently there is no award winning support team handling chat today.  Fortunately I can do more than 1 thing at a time and just wait to see what happens but it's irritating I can't just report a suspect GoDaddy originated email.

JourneyZing [Photography]; partner in Artisan Gallery 218; retired attorney
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Help reporting spam/scam emails from GoDaddy

Hey there @VictoriaJZ 

In order to report email scams/phishing attempts, send the original email to abuse@godaddy.com.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Hey there @VictoriaJZ 

In order to report email scams/phishing attempts, send the original email to abuse@godaddy.com.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VictoriaJZ. Sorry you had trouble connecting via chat. It sounds like you're not sure if it's a spam email or not. The best way to tell for sure is what address it's coming from. By and large, we won't send customers anything from an address other than @godaddy.com. If you want to share the from address here, that may help. Also, you can take a look at this article for more information about reporting various types of abuse. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

That’s the issue == I DID check the return email = I always do that first.

It said — doNotreply@godaddy.com

Then I expanded headers and it wasn’t clear — I would think that this is something important to report. I see some things in the source which cause me to Q the email but I frankly want to be sure.

I did not click on the link in the message, I know enough to not do that.

JourneyZing [Photography]; partner in Artisan Gallery 218; retired attorney