cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to reduce the excessive account emails from GoDaddy?

Godaddy really needs to calm down with the barrage of emails whenever a domain or other product is up for renewal. Sending emails saying a domain is up for renewal "soon", 4 weeks ahead of time and then every single day for the 2 weeks before and after the renewal date is excessive and annoying. I think about just marking them spam every time or just deleting my email from my account info.

We should have the capability to tailor our "Contact Preferences" in a more detailed way to avoid being harassed via email every day about a domain renewal that's coming up sometime in the next decade. One email is sufficient per quarter. I know my account and what domains I have. I will set the ones I want to renew automatically on my own and for the others that I am not sure about, I will decide when it gets close to the date, a week before or so. Some reasonable time frame unlike what GoDaddy does. I do not appreciate GoDaddy trying to dictate my purchases on their terms and pushing so hard. 

If GoDaddy wasn't so **bleep** easy to buy domains I would have closed my account a long time ago simply based on the excessive emails and the prefilled in fake discount codes they use. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hey @ncoleman87,

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions!! We're in the process of relooking at all of our emails sent to customers and retooling them so customers like you don't feel barraged. I'm passing on your feedback to our team. Hopefully over time you'll see the number of emails diminish! Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hey @ncoleman87,

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions!! We're in the process of relooking at all of our emails sent to customers and retooling them so customers like you don't feel barraged. I'm passing on your feedback to our team. Hopefully over time you'll see the number of emails diminish! Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post