cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I Am Leaving GoDaddy

I am taking all my domains to another registrar. I finally had enough. It's a pain to move the several hundred domains, but I can't stay here any longer. Since no one in support ever cared about the issues, I'll just mention them here.

• Horrible web pages that make it next to impossible to get ANYTHING done when trying to manage domains. Did you have total idiots designing your site?
    • Impossible navigation: Do you realize that you block access to places your customers need to go, meaning that the use product menus are not even remotely consistent, making it difficult to navigate ANYWHERE.
    • SLOW load times — even if you DO find the page you need, load times are painfully slow.
    • Lack of functionality — it takes multiple screens to reassign or do anything for a domain, and there are very few ways to make bulk changes, and the domain list has few useful direct  options.
    • No persistence — if you have done a sort or are in a folder, when you go forward to adjust a domain, and you go back, you loose the sort or search settings you had. PLUS you make it nearly impossible to open multiple windows of the same search or folder. WTF seriously.
  • Terrible support. I lost 32 very valuable domain names because you had a problem with my pay method AND YOU DID NOTHING TO NOTIFY ME. not a cancel email, not a phone call, NOTHING. Considering where those domains ended up, I'm pretty sure it was intentional on your part, or by one of your employees.
  • With such a garbage and nonfunctional web site, terrible support, you'd think you'd at least have reasonable costs. LOL. The only way to get a reasonable domain price is to pay @$120 extra a year for "discount domain club". LOL That's $120 extra a year to get the prices other registrars charge normally.
  • Laughable privacy fees. If I put privacy on my portfolio, it would cost me $2400 a YEAR, again for something that OTHER registrars GIVE FOR FREE.

Again, if you had a functional website, and decent support, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra. But you don't. Not sure how you are remaining in business, but I've been with you for over 20 years and I'm leaving because I have had ENOUGH.

Bye.

Andy

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I Am Leaving GoDaddy

Very well said. 
I have been a GoDaddy customer for over 14 years but their service level and specially the website standard has gone down. 
I am thinking of moving to a new service provider as well. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Myndex. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you've become so frustrated. I can understand how losing domains would be very disheartening. I know I've heard similar feedback before. We do definitely send email notifications any time there is a billing failure, but it sounds like you didn't receive them for some reason. I will pass your feedback on as appropriate. We'd hate to see you go, but understand that you need to what you believe is best for your business. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear you're thinking of moving on, @SunilRijal. If you have any specific feedback on where you think things need to improve, you're welcome to provide it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW wrote:

...I can understand how losing domains would be very disheartening.

Disheartening? It was a $126,000 Loss.

@JesseW 

I know I've heard similar feedback before.

Well, that should be a clue that something is VERY wrong at GoDaddy.

@JesseW 

We do definitely send email notifications any time there is a billing failure,

No email for the billing failure, and no email that the domains in question were about to cancel, nor when they did cancel, nor that they were going to be lost forever. And my email address has not changed in 20 years. Then, most of the names showed up for sale at a reseller that has the appearance of being connected to GoDaddy, and/or the sites were just plain hijacked. Or someone in your organization just wanted to steal the domains and resell them. At the same time, your garbage site was so unusable I couldn't find the problem. And your phone support is worse than useless.

A decade ago, you guys would have called me before something like this happened. Today? You JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS, and you have made that very clear to me. 

Circa 2004 you replaced your then functional website with the current useless garbage. And it has remained the useless, laggy, time-wasting, catch-penny, unfunctional garbage of a site for 15 years despite frequent complaints. In short, your website for customers to access the tools they need to manage their products is still utterly and completely broken. 

The people that developed your site certainly don't understand UI/UX, and in 2019 that is beyond unacceptable. No thought was given to the menu paths nor architecture. Clearly no user testing was done, so I assume your website was just some high-school web project that no one finished. Or it was farmed out to some third-world web developers that live in grass huts and don't understand english.

There are other reasons I will no longer be doing business with you, but those are the reasons i will discuss publicly. Nevertheless, I thought you should know.

Regards,

Andy

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Myndex You are definitely entitled to your opinion. However, we definitely do put thought and care into both trying to keep customers notified of account activity and responding to customer feedback. If you have specific points you'd like me to pass on to our UX team, I'd be happy to do so. 

We do send email notifications regarding product expiration, billing failures, and other account updates. This is written into our terms of service. If you'd like to know when the emails were sent, one of our GoDaddy Guides can get that information for you if you contact them. We also still sometimes call customers regarding billing issues, but won't do so if they've asked to be added to our do not call list. I don't know what that is what happened in your case, but a Guide would be able to let you know if you are on such a list. 

@JesseW wrote:

@Myndex You are definitely entitled to your opinion. However, we definitely do put thought and care into both trying to keep customers notified of account activity and responding to customer feedback. If you have specific points you'd like me to pass on to our UX team, I'd be happy to do so. 

I already have. You have no central useable menu, no central navigation, nav options are inconsistent all over the place and there is no sense to it nor useful contextual relationships. It is, for want of a better term, fully **bleep**. 

@JesseW wrote:

We do send email notifications regarding product expiration, billing failures, and other account updates. This is written into our terms of service. If you'd like to know when the emails were sent, one of our GoDaddy Guides can get that information for you if you contact them.

Been over it. Your emails did not list expiring domains, were never clear, never had means to fix problems, and more over were fully buried in the MASS of sales and solicitation emails you send. The domains that were important were never listed in ANY email as expiring. Worthless website access  didn't highlight them either.

@JesseW wrote:

We also still sometimes call customers regarding billing issues, but won't do so if they've asked to be added to our do not call list. I don't know what that is what happened in your case, but a Guide would be able to let you know if you are on such a list. 

LOLOL. So, if I accept calls from GoDaddy this is what you do: you call me at 7:00AM twice a week trying to sell me crap I don't need. You refused to stop calling me early in the morning. You refused to stop calling me with garbage sales calls. You straight out told me that the only way to get the early morning sales calls to stop was to stop all calls completely, and I had no other choice.

Nice. This is what I mean when I say you treat your customers like trash.