cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I have lost confidence in GoDaddy Support

I was trying to find a way of letting you know how shockingly bad your support is but a quick scan of the forum should have already told you that. For my one and only experience of using support (couldn't get my email working on O365) and had to deal with a Helpdesk operator that knew less than a 5 year old. It wasn't fixed and I had no confidence Go Daddy would be able to do that. So I deleted my email account and restarted it all and hey presto its been working fine for about 4 weeks. Yesterday (4 weeks later and I'm trying to run a business) I get an email from Go Daddy support telling me that they fixed it! Really?

My concern is that I have no confidence that this will stand me in good stead should I have something a bit more tricky to resolve so will look at my future options

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: I have lost confidence in GoDaddy Support

@barrythurston 

I understand you may have had a frustrating experience. I've had a few myself over my years with GoDaddy. Some of the support agents are more knowledgeable than others but that's a rarity. That being said, I've worked with quite a few hosting companies and GoDaddy's support is one of the best.

I know it seems like a lot of people have huge problems with GoDaddy but here's something a lot of people seem to forget: GoDaddy has millions of customers and less than 1% ever have to seek support for their products. 

I've been a customer now for over a decade. I liked it so much I worked for them for a while. I'd 100% work there again if there was a position that fit my skill set. As it is, I can say without a doubt that GoDaddy has been willing to help and work with me on any issues I had with their platforms with very little issue most of the time.

I wouldn't be so quick to change hosts but it is your business and you have to do what is right for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @barrythurston. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sorry it left you feeling like you couldn't trust us. We definitely don't want that! I'm not sure what happened, but my guess would be that there was something wrong with the account that had to be escalated to Microsoft. That's the only thing that I can think of that would take that long to get a response back. The objective in doing so would have been to avoid having to have you delete and set up the account again, but I can definitely understand why you'd choose to go the route you did. I'm glad you were able to get it working in the end. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi

Thanks for the response. Not sure that title came from as I didn’t type it in - mine was just entitled Go Daddy support.

I’m really not looking for answers or anybody else’s input quite frankly - just making a point here that your support leaves a lot to be desired. Whether or not it was escalated to Microsoft or not - I actually reported the fault to you early June and here we are late July and you tell me that you’ve fixed it whereas if you had actually checked it you would have noticed that it was already fixed.
The upshot of this is that if I waited for you my business - which relies on communication - would have had no email for over 6 weeks!
I’m not asking you to do anything - just wanted you to know that actually you didn’t fix it - it was already fixed - it took you 6 weeks to tell me that (I had one email about 4 weeks ago telling me you were still working on it)
If we don’t tell you you are providing a poor service then how will you improve

Hi

Thanks for the info. I’m good with IT support having worked in it for a number of years at varying levels. The point was really to let Go Daddy know that their support on this occasion (my only experience with their support) was poor - I couldn’t find any other way of getting that message across

Community Manager
Community Manager

@barrythurston - I updated the thread title to be more descriptive of the issue you expressed in the post. This is to help the Community function smoothly and reduce confusion. 

I understand what you're saying and we appreciate your feedback. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.