cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Improve refund policy

As a non-profit organization we had a former member who dealt with Godaddy and the products that were used, which are the domain and hosting services. And when this member left the organization we had to sort out everything and it's been a mess with Godaddy.

We were unaware of the reoccurring hosting cost that was auto-renewed and the member left us in a bind. In which we were out $396 for a service we were not happy with and never were happy with.

We have experienced continuous frustrations with the product provided and supporting service. The chat support is ineffective and the phone support is slow and not usually helpful.

One time our website was just gone and we had to call and get it back. It was nothing on our end and 100% on the Godaddy side.

The services and products provided by Godaddy are unsatisfactory and have caused our organization continuous frustration.

Godaddy uses tactics to make the customers feel trapped and have unrealistic refund policies. Their products haven't met with the modern practices of web design and we were using Wordpress, which is a Godaddy supported product and it's clunky and hard to use.

Recently we had a Godaddy agent tell us that we will get a refund and a scheduled callback. I had to call back myself as I didn't get the promised call. And was told it still needs to be reviewed.

I would like Godaddy to honor the request to prorate the refund from the hosting product we don't want to use for the next 2.5 years.

Our request was passed on to a 'supervisor' who denied the prorated refund request. The email was sent from noreply@. So, no chance to engage with the person who denied this claim.

The have a 30 day refund policy and aren't ever willing to bend on it for anyone for any reason. This is the second time I have kindly asked the help our organization out. Both times have been outside of the 30 day policy, but I'm sorry, are there never any exceptions to the rule?

Ask any company that is known for customer service and I think you'd find a very different answer and enjoy a different experience.

The products and services that Godaddy offers were relevant and good in the early 2000s. Godaddy is now irrelevant and their products and services have been outdated for a long time. The trouble is their tactics keep you locked in and frustrated. Nobody has the time to really get away from them once you sign on.

I urge you to look at other options as a consumer and as a company to re-evaluate your customer support, which is abhorrent.

Godaddy is like when you lost a VHS tape at Blockbuster back in the day — overpriced, no exceptions and terrible service

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Improve refund policy

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns, @woodtype. I know losing the person that manages your website can make things difficult. It sounds like left you in quite a bind. I'm not sure why you feel that GoDaddy products and services are not a good fit for you, but I will make sure I pass on your feedback appropriately.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.