cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is Dwolla legitimate?

I added Dwolla as a payment method to my website and it's been a week and they haven't processed my payment. Is this a legitimate company? I would never use them again after this but I would like to know if they are legitimate. I don't understand how the status can be pending for so long when transfers are instant through PayPal. What is the difference?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Legitimate is kind of relative @Jafucci62 Until about a year ago I hadn't heard of Zelle and now people are using that as a verb. Before that PayPal was kinda sketch. My suggestion is always to use the payment method preferred by my clients and if someone wants to pay by PayPal, Zelle, QuickPay, cash, Cash app, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, Square, BitCoin, money order, cashier's check, personal check, business check, credit card, pre-paid cards, debit card, money transfer, ACH, Stripe, Coin, Intuit GoPayment, VeriFone Sail, Venmo, branch deposit... all payments are fine with me? I don't sell physical items but once your payment method clears I'll call it legitimate and you're on your way to having a website. 

Literally the first time I've ever heard of Dwolla though? Not knowing it as a company I'd say if it allows people to pay you dollars then it makes sense.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Legitimate is kind of relative @Jafucci62 Until about a year ago I hadn't heard of Zelle and now people are using that as a verb. Before that PayPal was kinda sketch. My suggestion is always to use the payment method preferred by my clients and if someone wants to pay by PayPal, Zelle, QuickPay, cash, Cash app, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, Square, BitCoin, money order, cashier's check, personal check, business check, credit card, pre-paid cards, debit card, money transfer, ACH, Stripe, Coin, Intuit GoPayment, VeriFone Sail, Venmo, branch deposit... all payments are fine with me? I don't sell physical items but once your payment method clears I'll call it legitimate and you're on your way to having a website. 

Literally the first time I've ever heard of Dwolla though? Not knowing it as a company I'd say if it allows people to pay you dollars then it makes sense.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post