Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Missing refund

I am writing to report that I was issued a refund by Godaddy that DID NOT reach my bank account. I would highly recommend that you find hosting elsewhere because this is the most fraudulent company I have worked with and I am a web designer. They have screwed up so many times I can't even count them. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you sure it’s a misunderstanding or mistake? How can you be sure? Which is it? The problem is, nobody I’ve talked to at Godaddy, of the 5 plus times I’ve called, seems to know ANYthing about what’s going on at all. 

It took me those 5 calls PLUS, 2 more to Certegy to FINALLY find out that a check should take up to 8 business days. 

But it took me having to call Certegy myself - twice - to find out that. NOBODY on your staff was able to provide that information. 

This is only one of the reasons I will not recommend Godaddy to anyone in the future, there are so many more. 

Perhaps you would never intentionally withhold a refund (still waiting though, the jury's still out on that one) but you certainly could not provide the answers I was looking for. Basic staff training? A better 3rd party check processing system? 8 business days is a long time to wait for a refund, seriously when we pay it seems to come out of the account in a day or two. 

Thanks for the reply, at least I know someone is paying attention. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @lmayshayes. Sorry you're having trouble with your refund. If you haven't seen the funds returned to you yet, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding or mistake. We would never intentionally withhold a refund if it has already been issued. Depending on the type of payment method that was used and where the refund was issued to, it can sometimes take a while. Here are typical timeframes below:

• In-Store Credit - immediate
  • Credit card - usually within 5 business days. If the refund is issued while the amount is still pending, sometimes this becomes an auto-void, which means neither the refund nor the charge appears on your banking statement. 
  • Online check (through Certegy) - up to 11 days. Certegy usually holds funds for 10 days to make sure there isn't an outstanding balance with them. If there is, they usually apply the credit toward that balance. If not, the funds are usually returned to your bank on the 11th day. 
  • Mailed check - 4 to 6 weeks 

If you're beyond the timeframe for the In-Store Credit, credit card, or a mailed check, please connect with our billing team so they can help track down what happened. If you're beyond 11 days with Certegy, I'd recommend contacting them directly to see what's happening. I hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Are you sure it’s a misunderstanding or mistake? How can you be sure? Which is it? The problem is, nobody I’ve talked to at Godaddy, of the 5 plus times I’ve called, seems to know ANYthing about what’s going on at all. 

It took me those 5 calls PLUS, 2 more to Certegy to FINALLY find out that a check should take up to 8 business days. 

But it took me having to call Certegy myself - twice - to find out that. NOBODY on your staff was able to provide that information. 

This is only one of the reasons I will not recommend Godaddy to anyone in the future, there are so many more. 

Perhaps you would never intentionally withhold a refund (still waiting though, the jury's still out on that one) but you certainly could not provide the answers I was looking for. Basic staff training? A better 3rd party check processing system? 8 business days is a long time to wait for a refund, seriously when we pay it seems to come out of the account in a day or two. 

Thanks for the reply, at least I know someone is paying attention. 

View solution in original post

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @lmayshayes. I can't be sure of anything regarding what is happening in your particular case, as I don't have access to your account. However, I do understand your frustration with the situation. I agree that anyone you spoke with should have been able to tell you that you'd need to contact Certegy if you had questions about a refund for an online checking purchase. It sounds like additional training would definitely help. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.