Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My domain is more expensive after it expired

I've purchased domain 2 years back for company name and it was on auto renew option.

But last time what happened is my card was expired and when i came to renew domain a few days after expiry and godaddy already capture the domain and reselling on 5x prices.

What does that mean?and emailed the support team but no responses till now whats happening to godaddy? and also unauthorized transaction took place of 30$ and then refunded.

Can godaddy's team explain me about this?

godday.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @HariDhonju . Thanks for posting. Based on what you've said and the screenshot you provided, I would guess that your domain renewed but the charge was reversed. That is what the "C" next to the receipt number means. When that happens, the renewal that was purchased is removed. If the domain expires and is released, another party can register the domain and then offer to sell the registration. That's likely why you see the price increase for registering the domain again. Those domains are listed as "Premium". If you're seeing that next to the domain listing, then that's probably the cause. However, as @MrVapor said, the best way to confirm all this is to connect with our billing team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MrVapor
Super User 2020

Hey there @HariDhonju,

Unfortunately, no one in this forum will be able to help with this issue as we are all volunteers and not GoDaddy employees. You need to contact phone or chat support and speak with the Billing department. You should be able to get the issue sorted that way.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @HariDhonju . Thanks for posting. Based on what you've said and the screenshot you provided, I would guess that your domain renewed but the charge was reversed. That is what the "C" next to the receipt number means. When that happens, the renewal that was purchased is removed. If the domain expires and is released, another party can register the domain and then offer to sell the registration. That's likely why you see the price increase for registering the domain again. Those domains are listed as "Premium". If you're seeing that next to the domain listing, then that's probably the cause. However, as @MrVapor said, the best way to confirm all this is to connect with our billing team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post