Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
YT2221
New

Need a refund

I received an email receipt for auto renewal on domain names and privacy feature. None of which I am using or have used in the past year. I called thinking no big deal I can get a refund it's been all of 2hrs. Unfortunately stealing your money and then feeding you nonsense is GoDaddy's new venture.

No I can't get a refund and no they did not send renewal notice or I would have canceled then. Instead they stole money through my Paypal account. Money that I desperately need since I am not working and its the middle of a pandemic. Do you think they care? They don't at all. It was literally 2hrs after they fraudulently charged my account and now there is no recourse. Well social media is my recourse. DO NOT Do business with this company. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User II

For domains the refund policies are up to the individual registries.

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nate
Super User II

For domains the refund policies are up to the individual registries.

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/refund-policy?

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @YT2221,

If the auto-renewal feature was still on your domain, the system will renew the product. The auto-renewal service is your authorization to complete this charge in your account. This feature may be removed at any time by the account holder by using the instructions here

Multiple emails go our from your account in order to alert GoDaddy customers to the impending expiration of their domains. GoDaddy knows how important a domain can be to any business, so to prevent its loss, 5 emails are sent to alert the customer. Please be sure that "@godaddy.com" is listed as a preferred sender in your account email, so you don't miss further notices.

The previous reply is correct. The Registries from which GoDaddy receives their domains set the requirements for registration, renewal and refunds. As the largest accredited registrar in the world, GoDaddy must abide by these regulations.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us