cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

No follow through for website design support

I have used GoDaddy off and on for years.  I have always had very good interaction with everyone and always found a great source of help anytime.  That is why this situation is so upsetting.

I had a Word Press blog through GoDaddy for a few years but had to move it to another host due to the guidelines of the company I worked for.  I finally left that company and wanted to salvage my blog by moving in back to Godaddy. The process did not go very well and basically I had to start from scratch at no fault of GoDaddy's

Around April the 24, I talked to a young man with GoDaddy but cannot recall his name.  I told him I was having a problem trying to set up the blog as everything has changed and I was not sure what I was doing.  He suggested that I allow your Design Consultant to build the blog for me.  However, the cost was over $1000.00 and I told him I could not afford that much.  However, he then started describing a plan that would allow the design consultant to build the blog and then consult with me every month for one year when and if I needed the help.  He described how they could review my blog and make suggestions, etc.  I said I still could not afford it but then he stated that the cost was around $134.00 a month.  He asked if I could afford that and I said I could on a monthly basis.

He then made all the arrangements and I finally was setup with Meghan T.  I then discovered that I was billed for the entire amount and “not” on a monthly basis.  It was very upsetting to me and I explained but no one cared.  I had paid the amount and that was that.  

I had several sessions with Meghan and lots of emails in an attempt to design this blog.  It was not an easy process and I was only asked to show her a few existing blog sites that I liked and it would give them an idea as to how to move forward.  It was not until I was well into the process when Meghan mentioned the Care program.  I asked her to explain and when she did, I told her I thought that was what I had.  She then informed me that I spent $1000.00 just to have someone design my blog.  I could have found someone to design my blog for $300 but I trusted GoDaddy.  Needless to say, I was in shock…I had paid more money than I could afford and didn’t get what I expected.

When I finally got the design it wasn't exactly what I wanted but I thought I could work with it and would become more familiar with it as I started to add posts.  I gave them a couple of posts to get started.  Then Meghan T indicated that she was done and I would not have access to her services and that if I needed help I would have to pay for the Care program.  

This whole thing was so upsetting to me and I just wanted to move on but had no idea how difficult this would be.  I had several posts ready to go but when I preview my first post it appeared on the first page of my blog on top of the existing photos and verbiage.  It was a mess.  I tried to figure out how to add the post in the appropriate place but without any guidance it was impossible.  After a few sleepless nights and lots of tears, I finally call Godaddy again and was directed to a young woman by the name of Riley.  I explained my problem and Riley was a lifesaver when I needed it the most.  She seemed shocked that my blog was so mismanaged.  The blog was a mess and never completed.  Fortunately, she understood and was very supportive and said she would make it right.  She arranged for me to get a month of Care service without cost to me.  Riley showed me some patterns/examples of blogs and asked which one would work for me.  This was not done at all by Meghan.  Riley has taken it upon herself to find a solution to my problem and help me to be able to add blogs, photos, etc.  

However, even with her help, I still do not have a completed blog.   I really resent what it has taken to get to this point in terms of time, money, and emotion.  It is apparent that I was very naive and easily manipulated.  I even recall that the young man who described the program and talked me into something that was not what I wanted, that his brother worked in the design consult department and he would reach out to him to work me in.  I realize now that he probably had a quota and receive credit for referring me to the design consult.  I am still so upset about the lack of follow-through and the amount of money it cost me and I still have nothing.  And, there is no one to contact when you have a problem.  I was deceived and manipulated to spend more than I could afford and still do not have any results.  I have decided to put some of this email on every website I can about this experience.  

I always loved working with Godaddy.  I felt that everyone I talked with was knowledgeable, caring and looking to help me in any way possible.  But there is no question that I was used and abused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @Jacquelon. Thank you for taking the time to write out your experience. This definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we'd want customers to have. I will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as a separate thread. If you'd like advice on basic WordPress functionality and configuration, I'd suggest starting on our Using WordPress forum board. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @Jacquelon. Thank you for taking the time to write out your experience. This definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we'd want customers to have. I will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

If there is a specific technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as a separate thread. If you'd like advice on basic WordPress functionality and configuration, I'd suggest starting on our Using WordPress forum board. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post