cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Payment Method Issues for Hosting Renewal

Can anyone help with contacting Godaddy to pay for renewal. Have been on phone for half an hour and they said cant help. Then on hold for 52 minutes overseas call till credit run out. Their system would not accept 5 different debit cards from Thailand, although the main one was working Oct 2019. Trying to find another way to pay as losing my hosting now and all my websites. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Payment Method Issues for Hosting Renewal

Hi @gregj69,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have tried multiple, accepted payment methods in the account, it's usually an indication that your banking provider is declining to complete the transaction, or the transaction exceeds a limit. As mentioned by @PL281, PayPal may be a great option for you, as long as it is backed by a payment method in the PayPal Account. You can also check other options (at the bottom of the article) in the accepted payments link above, to see if they would be suitable to you.

Only the Billing Department can advise you as to why your payments are not processing. No one in this Community can review the account payments for you. If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Solution

The issue was not the banks. There were 4 different banks plus Paypal rejecting the payment. In the end it was resolved by tech support. My Godaddy account had an expired promo code attached to it that was preventing any transactions from processing.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

@gregj69 

We are end users like you so we can't help with your specific account - a question / recommendation - can you by chance use a PayPal account - https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-paypal-to-my-godaddy-account-3403

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hi @gregj69,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have tried multiple, accepted payment methods in the account, it's usually an indication that your banking provider is declining to complete the transaction, or the transaction exceeds a limit. As mentioned by @PL281, PayPal may be a great option for you, as long as it is backed by a payment method in the PayPal Account. You can also check other options (at the bottom of the article) in the accepted payments link above, to see if they would be suitable to you.

Only the Billing Department can advise you as to why your payments are not processing. No one in this Community can review the account payments for you. If calling isn't an option for you, please try our live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thankyou for your advice. It was 4 different banks and the amoint was a lot less than before or limits set.
However, despite the payment page continually putting up a notice saying that the payment could not be processed, two amounts were deducted from my account about 10 hrs later. So I guess by some weird way the products have been renewed. I just hope the other 10 times I tried different cards and Paypal dont also get processed. Very strange to say the least.

Solution

The issue was not the banks. There were 4 different banks plus Paypal rejecting the payment. In the end it was resolved by tech support. My Godaddy account had an expired promo code attached to it that was preventing any transactions from processing.