cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Phone Operator Registered my Domain - AND Spelt it Wrong!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the community but have been with Godaddy about 15 years.

One of my domains expired (I thought it was auto renewing) and I tried to repurchase but had to speak to the call centre. 

Long story short, the operator said he could see what I was talking about and re-registered the domain and I paid over the phone. 

Then email confirmation showed he spelt it incorrectly! a simple typo of 1 L instead of 2 LLs

In any case I emailed him a screen shot of the GoDaddy page for purchase of correctly spelled DN showing price and name. He asked for my best contact number and I emailed that too. Now it's been 8 days of silence. 

I'm worried about calling the call centre again as I'd much prefer to deal with a supervisor at this stage - and preferably via email. 

Anyone have any recommendations on how to quickly resolve this issue as I seem to be stuck and this domain was supposed to be up last week.

With thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Phone Operator Registered my Domain - AND Spelt it Wrong!

@Nikkers 

Unfortunately, GoDaddy doesn't have an email support service. I would call back in, explain the situation, and if the customer service agent can't help, ask for a supervisor. This is something that can generally be corrected fairly quickly if at all possible. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community