cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Porting my fax number to a new provider as this service is going away

When will GoDaddy be informing users what the process is to Port our Fax to Email phone numbers as you are getting rid of this service.We still have not be officially notified of this nor have any guidelines been posted about this service going away other then to say it was delayed. As a small business owner I need to know what this process is going to be and when it has to be done by. I have open tickets and left feedback and still have never been contacted by anyone from GoDaddy about this.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Porting my fax number to a new provider as this service is going away

Hi @jark4. GoDaddy will be informing customers of the process to port fax numbers once that process is in place and verified to be working. As of yet, that has not happened. We will send out notifications when this is ready. I'm sorry there haven't been any updates. I'm sure this is an anxious situation for you. You can rest assured that we will not discontinue the service without communicating and not before we have a good way forward for customers. As I mentioned in your last post, I will update once more is known. Thanks for the reminder though Man Wink

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Is there any update here? I am in the same situation.

Did you get any answers? I am in the same situation...

New

I have been told by GoDaddy that they are keeping this service active until they can figure out a way to port the phone numbers. I ask again about 3 weeks ago and they still have no resolution. My issue is they also will not let me get rid of an email address that is tied to our service since inception however we no longer need the address as the person left our company but they will not let me transfer the service to an active email address either. Hope that helps!

Julie A. Kirwen
Vice President

PC Occupational Solutions, LLC
513-205-3260 p
513-826-9325 f

[PCocclogo]

Thanks - is there a way to call forward the faxes in the meantime?

--
Maureen Tabuchi,* B.A (Honors: Philosophy), LL.B., Masters (Taxation)*
Lawyer for Life, Estates, Property, Business and Internet
www .tabuchilaw.com
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Tabuchi. Thanks for posting. There isn't a way to forward incoming faxes to a different number. Sorry. However, I can confirm that what @jark4 said regarding the service not going away just yet. Our Workspace team will communicate once we have a solution to allow customers to port their numbers away. 

@jark4 I'm not sure what you mean when you say your service is attached to an email address you no longer need. You should be able to change the address your faxes send to within your settings. Other than that, you should be able to remove or replace the Workspace Email addresses without canceling your Fax Thru Email plan. Sorry if I misunderstood. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Porting my fax number to a new provider as this service is going away/?isc=gdcommment

Our Fax to Email service was associated with an email address initially that we no longer need and would like to cancel. However I was total that if I cancel that email address then our service would be discontinued. I was told there was no way to move the service over to a new address. When I called about this almost a year ago that was how I found out that the Fax to Email service was going to be discontinued, as we never we received any notice from GoDaddy about this. We have already changed the email address that our faxes come to.

Re: Porting my fax number to a new provider as this service is going away/?isc=gdcommment

Hi @jark4,

We did a little further digging on this one, as we know that we're currently not able to give you a replacement for this product. But we want to be able to make this work for you for the time being. If you contact our customer support team (by chat or one of the numbers below), advise them to connect to our Advanced Technical Support team on your behalf. That team can escalate the issue for you, to change that email address on the "back-end". That escalation may take a few days to process, but will allow you to choose a new email address and get rid of the one you no longer want to use. 

We hope this helps!

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support