cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
19Nomad56
New

Promo code accepted but did not provide discount

I did a 30 day trial. I used your marketing tips. I was going to switch to WordPress like my domain. But decided to use GoDaddy instead. You sent me a promo code, which I used. It was 50% off. Then my cart says code accepted. I checked out and the full price of $179.00 plus tax ($191.00) was billed. I called a GoDaddy rep and was advised the 30 day trial is treated like a renewal and no promo codes can be used. She advised, I should have called and they would have moved it to a "new" website, and given the discount. YOU NEED TO Change the checkout and marketing page to state; Trial websites when paid are treated as renewal, and no discounts will be allowed or the use of GoDaddy promo codes, unless you call our assistance representative. "They" can "move" the trial website to a "new" website platform and give the discounts. First, why call on a phone to fix a software promo code disconnect in "cart or checkout", second, state in checkout promo codes not approved for renewal and trials.  Mine said congrats approved.  Let the consumer know, and change the software to show a promo code is disallowed, and state "trials are treated as renewals". All better business. Otherwise unhappy customers will go else where.  V/r Karl4senate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @19Nomad56. Thanks for sharing your issue. The suggestion to have additional messaging during our checkout process sounds like a good one. In order to better understand what happened, it would be helpful if you could forward the promo code email you received to us at community@godaddy.com. If you can do that, it would help us better understand this situation so we can pass it on to our website team. Thanks again!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @19Nomad56. Thanks for sharing your issue. The suggestion to have additional messaging during our checkout process sounds like a good one. In order to better understand what happened, it would be helpful if you could forward the promo code email you received to us at community@godaddy.com. If you can do that, it would help us better understand this situation so we can pass it on to our website team. Thanks again!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post