cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Provision of VAT number.

Does anyone know if providing a VAT number changes whether VAT is or is not included in the price? For example, if I am not registered for VAT, will the receipt show the amount of VAT paid as an additional and separate item? On the other hand, If I am registered for VAT and provide a VAT number for the Account, would the total on the receipt still be the same but include VAT, it's just that the VAT amount paid is not shown as a separate item. Essentially, what's the benefit of providing a VAT number for a GoDaddy account?

Many thanks

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Provision of VAT number.

HI @Sticky. To clarify, it would be up to each customer to verify whether or not they are exempt from the tax prior to providing their VAT ID. If you enter a VAT ID, we will not calculate, deduct, or display the tax. It would then be up to you to calculate and submit any taxes you may owe. If you do not enter a VAT ID, we will deduct the tax and pay it for you. For information on current tax rates we collect, please see this article. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sticky. Thanks for posting. Value Added Tax (VAT) is location-based tax residents of the European Union (EU) are required to pay on many goods, including those GoDaddy offers. However, if you are a business in the EU making purchases directly related to your business you might be exempt from VAT. If you are, you can provide us your VAT ID to have this tax removed from orders you process.

So, if you're in the EU and add a VAT ID, your receipts should not have VAT on them. Not adding a VAT ID to your account should result in having VAT on your receipts. If you're not seeing this, then I'd recommend contacting our billing team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
New

OK thanks. I understand that. So on that basis, are you saying that if a GoDaddy offer is say £10, if I haven't entered a VAT number then VAT is added at the EU minimum rate of say 15% and I would get a receipt for and pay £11.50 and GoDaddy would pay the £1.50 VAT for me to a EU member state (one that they are registered with via the MOSS process)? If however, I have registered a GB VAT number on my Account then the GoDaddy receipt will only show the ex.vat charge of £10.00 and no VAT would have been charged? Therefore, rather than being possibly exempt I imagine I would have a legal obligation to pay the VAT at 20% to my local VAT office? Sorry, but if GoDaddy are EU VAT registered I just don't understand why you might think a VAT registered entity would be exempt from paying EU VAT. There is probably a simple explanation but could you explain it for me. Many thanks. S. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

HI @Sticky. To clarify, it would be up to each customer to verify whether or not they are exempt from the tax prior to providing their VAT ID. If you enter a VAT ID, we will not calculate, deduct, or display the tax. It would then be up to you to calculate and submit any taxes you may owe. If you do not enter a VAT ID, we will deduct the tax and pay it for you. For information on current tax rates we collect, please see this article. I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post