cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Remember Me doesn't work

Hello,

Every time I log into GoDaddy, I check the "Remember Me" box yet when I return on another day I have to log in again. This happened even after a fresh install of Windows and using Chrome with no extensions. I don't have this issue with any other site. Could somebody help me resolve this please?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Remember Me doesn't work

@Britain 

To my knowledge, the cookie for the remember me is only retained for a short period for security reasons. GoDaddy wants you to log in to your account fresh so as to prevent compromises.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I’m not sure about that. That completely negates the “keep me signed in” checkbox. What’s the point of having it there if it doesn’t keep you signed in?
Highlighted

This is still an issue. I have 2FA turned on my account so every time I log in I have to put in my password and generate a code. If I go off GoDaddy for a couple of hours and come back, I have to do it again despite clicking "Remember Me". There doesn't seem to be an option to "not ask this device again" when it comes to 2FA and "Remember Me" doesn't seem to remember much at all making it useless.