cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal prices higher than expected. None of the coupons work for any renewals.

I am a one year customer of Godaddy and have been happy up until renewal when the price for my website jumped from 119 to a bit under 200 for the year.  I'm so frustrated as I'd reached out via chat and was offered nothing but "thats how it is" behavior and if you decide to move to another company you will have to rebuild your website again.  I thought Godaddy was supposed to be the best? None of the coupons work for any renewals.  I'm at a loss 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Super User 2020

@Chikitos 

We are end users like you so not much that we can help with in regards to pricing.

What I can tell you is the GoDaddy cart does say what the renewal price for the product is. As you mentioned GoDaddy doesn't have many coupons for renewals - but this is fairly standard.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @Chikitos,

Welcome to the Community! 

Prices will go up as cost for acquisition and maintenance of servers and support rise. Please be sure you have signed up to receive our emailed promotions within your account under your Profile and Contact Preferences. And sometimes calling a customer support agent can pay off as there are occasional specials on renewals that can be shared. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support