Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
KirstSole
New

Support asking for my pin

Hi there

I called Godaddy about reestablishing my website and sadly got cut off on the phone.

The Godaddy Guide sent me an email asking for my pin so that she may load my cart with a product I need apparently.

I will check out through the cart she tells me.

Is it secure to give her my pin?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User IV

@KirstSole 

I have provided my pin to GoDaddy over email before when I knew the email I was sending was to GoDaddy. If you aren't 100 percent sure, you could always ask for a link to the product so that you can add it on your own - or call back in.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Nate
Super User II

Note that they are asking for your GoDaddy support PIN, and not another type of PIN.  That is the point of this PIN, so support can verify it's you.  So if you're 100% sure you are working with GoDaddy support it's okay.  If you're unsure or are contacted for it out of the blue you should look more into it, or ask here for advice.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/find-my-support-pin-5804

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@KirstSole 

I have provided my pin to GoDaddy over email before when I knew the email I was sending was to GoDaddy. If you aren't 100 percent sure, you could always ask for a link to the product so that you can add it on your own - or call back in.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Nate
Super User II

Note that they are asking for your GoDaddy support PIN, and not another type of PIN.  That is the point of this PIN, so support can verify it's you.  So if you're 100% sure you are working with GoDaddy support it's okay.  If you're unsure or are contacted for it out of the blue you should look more into it, or ask here for advice.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/find-my-support-pin-5804