cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Trying to merge two accounts of Client, I have PIN info with me

I have a client request to merge his two accounts, where one was created with Facebook (has web hosting) and other was created on Godaddy (has the domain). He wants to run the domain using the web hosting which is on another account. 

It is weird that Godaddy doesn't merge two accounts which are registered with same email address.

Note: I have delegate access to both accounts granted by the Client.

Please help. [Godaddy chat and phone support were of no use - they stated clearly that they can't help]

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Trying to merge two accounts of Client, I have PIN info with me

Hi @mr_green. Thanks for posting. To clarify, it IS possible to merge one or more account into another. However, in some cases, it isn't permitted. Usually, this has to do with specific security products or settings in one or more account. Also, all contact information on any accounts being merged needs to be exactly the same. The account owner themselves may need to update information or settings as not all areas in an account are accessible via delegate access. In any case, our care guides should be able to tell you what information/settings need to be changed to facilitate a merge. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues. If you need account merges done, you would need to work with our customer care guides. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Trying to merge two accounts of Client, I have PIN info with me

Um, what he said. 

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community