cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to Process Payment

Multiple times now, I have reported this problem to support. The GD shopping cart will give an error and unable to process card, when the card itself is fine. Please fix this!!!!! Support over the phone can process the card with NO issues, just your cart.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Unable to Process Payment

@trackerdesigns 

Honestly, this sound like it may be a browser caching issue. Have you tried making the purchase in an incognito or private window with no caching? I have this issue occasionally as well and that's usually all I have to do. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I just tried clearing the cache for Chrome and it did not work. Then I tried incognito and it did not work either. I also tried Firefox browser and same issue there as well.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trackerdesigns. Sorry to hear you're having trouble checking out. Our agents use the same shopping cart to process orders as our customers. If they are able to do it, it seems like it's probably not an issue with the cart system itself. It's possible for this scenario to arise if you're using a payment method that was issued outside of the region it was issued in. Like for example if you are traveling or have moved and haven't had your information updated with your bank. If it's not that, then it may be something else in your computer/network configuration. I'd recommend trying to process the order on a different computer/network (that you trust) to see if that has an effect. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

JesseW,

Thank you. I have tried on different browsers, both Firefox and Chrome. Both with the cache cleared. These all failed with the same error. I tried on a different computer with IE and it failed also. I then tried from home using a completely different system and IP and it also failed. I have contacted the CC company three times now and all three time they have said that they have NO record of the process failing or being rejected. They told me that they would be able to see if there was an issue or if they declined the transaction. Nothing shows. When I Google the issue, I found many other GoDaddy users with the same problem.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

I can understand your frustration @trackerdesigns. Your situation sounds very abnormal. Most of the places where an issue like this has been reported are usually due to one of the causes mentioned earlier in this thread. However, I'm confident our cart isn't fundamentally broken. Believe it or not, letting customers buy things from us is pretty high on our priority list Man Wink If that system was broken, it would be identified and addressed very quickly. Obviously, something strange is happening in your situation though.

Similar to what you heard from your credit card provider, our care agents can also see why a purchase does not go through. If you reach out to our Billing team, they should be able to look at the cause of the failed payment and tell you the message we received from the provider and a timestamp for when the failure occurred. That may help you review the situation with the credit card provider. You may need to get to someone in their tier 2 support. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.