cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unable to get refunded and customer support agent asks me to share security code sent to me via SMS!

Unable to get refunded for a domain name that GoDaddy tricked me to register when renewing one of my current domains. When I tried to reach to customer support chat for refund they asked for my customer number and pin. Then a code got sent to my phone via SMS and they asked me to share that with them via chat which I refused because I thought it is not secure. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

Hey there @mattar 

You need to give them the code that was sent. This code is to verify you're the owner of the account so they can process the refund. It's not a trick. It's called Two Factor Authentication. You're safe sharing that info as long as it's with a GoDaddy customer representative.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

Hey there @mattar 

You need to give them the code that was sent. This code is to verify you're the owner of the account so they can process the refund. It's not a trick. It's called Two Factor Authentication. You're safe sharing that info as long as it's with a GoDaddy customer representative.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post