Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdfqwer
Getting Started

Unable to remove payment method or change automatic renewal

I am thinking that giving this website access to my credit card is the worst decision I have ever made about payment. They won't allow me to withdraw my account or payment information. The worst is if you buy some service on GoDaddy, it seems like you will have to continue buying that until you die. I purchased a web hosting service on this website. To my surprise, they renew that without my consent and even won't allow to turn off that auto-renewal thing. Seems like the job of plain robbers. I wonder how no one has ever sued this company yet. To make it more surprising, they do not have singe sense of user rights and privacy. They won't allow any users to opt-out or make it very difficult. Also, they do not provide any email address to give complaints about those. 

Last week when they auto-renew and took money from me, I tried to cancel and get my money back. However, they don't even care. They told me to contact to billing department which they do not provide any means to make contact with. I tried calling but they put me on hold for 2 hours. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. 

If anyone form admin team is reading this, it is fine if you take my money. It is also fine you don't allow me to delete my account. 

I just have to do it my own way. The last resort. Next week, I will go to card issuer to withdraw that payment method I provide. And I just have to block emails from you. 

Shameless GoDaddy. You won't last for long with this kind of service and robbing from customers. I am advising anyone near me to stay away from you guys. For the money you took, I will think that i paid for some beggers.... So... byebe...

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @asdfqwer. Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your experience. While it's true that you aren't able to remove a payment method if there is an active product associated with it, you should be able to change your automatic renewal settings to turn off any future renewals. The only time you wouldn't be able to change the automatic renewal settings for a product would be if it is our domain protection service. This service is usually purchased to prevent the loss of an important domain, so set up in such a way that it can only be removed intentionally through a request within your account.

As for refunds, these are available as long as the product that renewed is canceled based on the timeline explained in our refund policy. There are some exceptions there for some specific domain extensions, but in general, most products/services can be refunded if they are canceled within the given timeframe. 

As this is a community-based forum, it's not possible to request a refund here. The best thing to do is connect with our customer care team if you need help with anything that is specific to your account. I hope this information helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.