cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
tbehr
New

WDS wants 10 page limit for website speed

Hey there all 🙂  I'm new to GD and decided to rebuild our site using GD Web Design Services.  In my last discussion with them, my contact pushed back HARD on the number of pages I planned for my site. When I say HARD, I mean SUPER JUDGY like my plan was the most ridiculous he'd ever heard.  (To be clear, my site plan is about 13 - 15 pages.) He stated he had never heard of a site being more than 7 pages and even their super high sales level of pages was only 10.  He said this was because of the loading speed and being a "good neighbor" and not taking all the real estate from other sites. So, I'm just googling this because I run a residential remodeling company not a web design service (lol) and I'm not seeing any recommendations anywhere about limiting site page numbers.  Does anyone have any input or direction they can offer on this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hey @tbehr. Just wanted to circle back to let you know I confirmed that, while our top tier design packages do come with 10 pages, that is definitely not a limitation for the platform. That is still set at 50 pages. Hope you were able to move on and get things sorted out with your site! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @tbehr. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. First, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with our support team. We'd never want you to feel like a guide you spoke with was judgmental. I will make sure your interaction gets reviewed so any necessary follow-up with the guide can occur. 

As for the information they gave you on page count, it is possible that if an account has a large number of pages, it could cause issues with the stability of the server. However, this is why we have a page limit in place (which I believe is currently 50 pages). I will try to find out more about this and let you know what I come up with. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.
JesseW
Community Manager

Hey @tbehr. Just wanted to circle back to let you know I confirmed that, while our top tier design packages do come with 10 pages, that is definitely not a limitation for the platform. That is still set at 50 pages. Hope you were able to move on and get things sorted out with your site! 

View solution in original post

Thanks JesseW!  It sounded rather sketchy to me.  Thank you for clarifying!