cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

What happens when a Account owner dies - Death of owner

An American Legion post wants to bring our member's extensive website back to life, and pay for the account, hosting and domain.  We have the obituary. The lack of input since his death will confirm it is his account. He did a lot of work. World traveler, and did not prepare for this. We all will die.  We need to set up ways to keep our sites going if you desire that.

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: What happens when a Account owner dies - Death of owner

Greetings @JRL1 ,

Please accept my condolences. This is a tough subject, but it appears you are up to a worthy goal. First, if the organization is the registrant of the domain on the WHOIS then a claim can be made at www.changeupdate.com

However, it sounds like you want access to the account itself. As intellectual property, there is more to this. Please refer to https://www.godaddy.com/help/how-to-gain-access-to-domainsaccounts-after-owners-death-8356

Whichever path is chosen, I suggest some urgency be applied as hosting, email and other account services can expire and after certain timeframes are irrecoverable. I wish you the best and thank you for your service.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New

Re: What happens when a Account owner dies - Death of owner

Thank you!
Jim