cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Helper I

Why does the US get additional features for the same cost that people pay in Asia?

Today, after enjoying my Go Daddy experience, I wanted to set up a subscription form for customers to add emails on my website, so I could build a database... this all of a sudden was where my GoDaddy experience began to go sour...

In addition to this, I wanted to add a members only section to my site, only to find out that this cannot be done, although for the same cost on the same package it IS available to US customers... exactly how is this ethical?

I spoke (via the chat function) to someone who truly did try to help, but obviously their hands are tied. This is absolutely abhorrent service from GoDaddy and is one that everyone needs to be made aware of. I used to sing GoDaddys praises from the rooftops... now? I am looking to move to another company ASAP as their customer service is terrible, they are unethical in their package selling, they a deliberately vague in their dealings and what sort of response did I get to my complaint? I was offered a "discount". Below is the conversation...Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.39.27 PM.png

16 REPLIES 16
Helper I

Re: Why does the US get a better service for the same cost that people pay in Asia?

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.46.39 PM.png

Helper I

Re: Why does the US get a better service for the same cost that people pay in Asia?

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.47.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.47.52 PM.png

Helper I

As you can see the agent is very helpful and understands the concerns AND ADMITS TO THE FAULTS OF GODADDY but he is unable to help or generate a refund or suitable discount as its very clear, they think they can just fob people off with lame excuses and pitiful "discounts".

Helper I

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 2.10.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 2.11.05 PM.png

Helper I

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 2.14.25 PM.png

Helper I

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.05.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.05.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.05.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.05.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.05.56 PM.png

Helper I

... and so begins the long wait to see if they fix an error THEY ADMITTED they caused in the first place.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Why does the US get additional features for the same cost that people pay in Asia?

Very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team @HCG. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

As for the features that are available in the US, sometimes these are limited due to how the features are implemented. For example, the Marketplaces feature isn't available outside the US because it is an integration with Sellbright, which currently only offers services here. The membership feature is still in development, which is one of the reasons why it's not currently available in all regions. However, there are plans to offer it in other regions, hopefully later this year. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper I

Re: Why does the US get additional features for the same cost that people pay in Asia?

Im not sure what planet you are from? But just so you are aware, here on planet Earth your response in no way replies, answers or delivers a suitable conclusion.

Furthermore, I am convinced that you have not read the discussion at all, additionally, your first paragraph is a "cut and paste" job ... so so much for your dedication to customer service.

As for your last paragraph, there is no "confusion", as I completely understand that what you are doing is selling a product in Asia, at the same price as you are in the USA, with less services to the Asian product as the US one, there is no confusion, only anger and quite frankly the feeling of customers being shortchanged and conned.

Your own service agent is aware of this and the whole issue has been risen to a higher authority. You, of course, would have known this if you had read the thread, which you all too clearly did not.

But let me entertain your badly written response and point out the absolute absurdity of your response.

You say "the Marketplace service isn't available outside of the USA". What has that got to do with anything? Thats not the issue. You can however buy this as an add on. So are you now telling me (and all the other customers reading this) that this is another feature customers in the US get as part of the same package, but customers in Asia do not get? If this is the case then this is EXACTLY why the service in Asia should be cheaper than the US package, it however is not! So this is a perfect reason as to why this service is so poor, it does not EXPLAIN in anyway why customers should be satisfied, only further dissatisfied.

You go on to point out something else thats discussed well in the thread (that again you have clearly NOT read), I am all too well aware that the membership area of the site is not available in Asia, BUT it is in the USA, ON THE SAME PACKAGE AT THE SAME COST, again further going on to show how utterly ridiculous the situation is.

So in conclusion, if you are going to cite "customer service", try to actually learn what that is and conduct yourself in a correct and proper manner that is befitting of the word "customer service", Im not interested in reading a "cut and paste" response and nor am I interested in having to repeat myself on a thread going over something that has and is continuing to be discussed. Your response is not only bad customer service it also proves exactly my point of why I and other Asian clients are being robbed of a service that is being provided elsewhere!

Helper I

And you also removed the screenshots of the conversation where your agent admitted to GoDaddy being responsible for the faults... I have saved these also, so deleting them has only further incriminated yourself and your abhorrent service.

Helper I

When GoDaddy cover up their inept service by deleting thread and posts...

GoDaddy once again shows its inability to answer legitimate questions and answering complaints by deleting the thread, even though the concern raised was absolutely in no way answered. This has to be the worst service possible. Screen shots deleted and thread hidden. As a result, I will be posting every day until my complaint is suitably addressed. What a disgrace in the name of "customer service".

Super User III
Super User III

Re: When GoDaddy cover up their inept service by deleting thread and posts...

@HCG 

I can understand the frustration but you have to realize a few things. The board is mostly covered by volunteers, not GoDaddy employees. We're customers just like you that have been with GoDaddy for quite a while and know the ins and outs of how their platforms work. We answer questions on this board concerning platform or product issues if we can. If it involves access to the backend of the servers or a glitch in programming or an account related issue, we really can't do anything and you should contact phone support or live chat. 

So, basically, while we try to help everyone we can, we cannot always provide the solution here and you need to go through the other support channels to rectify your situation.

Good luck with your issue. I hope it works out. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper I

Re: When GoDaddy cover up their inept service by deleting thread and posts...

Thanks, I appreciate your response (not a cut and paste like the last person posted). Maybe they should give you a job?

Understandably, Im hugely annoyed that someone deleted the conversation post, clearly hiding the admission by GoDaddy employees that they have messed up ... whats worse is that they did this under the guise of "customer service".

Thanks again for your response though, its appreciated.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you didn't find my response to your post suitable @HCG. I'll try to clarify a few points. 

The first part of my response above was something I've said in other posts, true. However, that doesn't mean it is insincere. We really do want customers to have great experiences and I'm sorry if you didn't have one. 

The "confusion" I mentioned was in reference to the agent you spoke with. It is clear that they didn't explain the situation correctly based on what you shared. I can see how you would feel like you're not getting access to all features simply on the basis of your location. However, as I mentioned above, the membership feature is still in development. Releasing it in one market helps us perfect it before rolling it out to all others. We're a company that's based in the US, so it's not surprising we start there first. 

In regard to the images that were removed, all images that are posted in the community are subject to moderation before they become visible to the rest of the community. The images in question were rejected because they depicted a lengthy chat conversation. As a general rule, our moderation team will not approve images that contain conversations with our employees. Likewise, posting the full text of chat logs is also not permitted. This is why the images in question do not appear in the conversation above. 

Please remember, as @MrVapor mentioned, this is a community forum. It is meant to be a place where fellow customers can help each other out and connect. If you'd like to take a look at the Community guidelines, you can do so here

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper I

Yeh, so basically, you don't even work for GoDaddy, so why is it you think you can reply or even remotely comment on complaints?

Furthermore, it makes absolutely sense that you think its remotely plausible or acceptable that because GoDaddy is US based that its ok to give them (US customers) a better service first. If the service is not available in Asia, then why charge the same price as the service in the USA. Its that simple. The price in Asia should be less than the US as the package does not include the same available services. Thats a no brainer.

And you removed the images because it showed an agent agreeing with the customer that GoDaddy was at fault, don't patronize me by pretending its anything else.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@HCG I do work for GoDaddy. I am one of the Community Managers. However, sometimes there are issues brought up on the Community that cannot be addressed adequately here. In such cases, it's best to work with our customer care team. 

As for the membership feature specifically, please keep in mind that this is not listed as a feature on any of our product pages currently. The feature is not considered in the price of any GoCentral plans. I do understand your concern about prices being the same for different features and thank you for your feedback.