Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
compman
New

Why don't you have a ticket system

I have just transferred a domain away from you because you made too hard.

My credit card expired and I put in the perfectly valid working replacement (same bank) and your system will not accept it 

I went chat but no one available.   I am not calling the US about this.

With the domain expiring in 12 days I founded it easier to transfer the domain than renew it. 

Customer service today seems to be all about avoiding communicating with the customer.

You just made it easier to go elsewhere!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RachelM
Community Manager

Hi all,

As mentioned in @Heather's post above, we offer phone support 24/7 and if you're not in the United States, you can call local numbers to your region that are available here.

Chat is currently available 5am to 6:30pm Arizona time Monday-Friday. Please access GoDaddy chat by clicking on the "Product Support" link at the bottom of our United States homepage. You'll probably have to manually change the region you're located in to the United States. The chat button may not appear if the chat queue is super busy. You can leave your browser open to the chat page and the chat button will reappear when the queue becomes available. Chat hours are available Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone: GMT-7:00).

We also offer help documents here and of course we have great community members who are willing to help out. 

Thanks much!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Heather
Employee

Hello @compman,

I'm sorry to hear that you transferred away. We do offer phone support and you don't have to call the US. We have local numbers available here. Chat is currently available 5am to 6:30pm Arizona time Monday-Friday. We also offer help documents and this community if you get stuck with something that may not require speaking to our support representatives. Once again, I'm sorry you felt you needed to leave us and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Actually Go Daddy is all about communicating with the customer. It is first class.  And yes, Go Daddy has local country phone access all over the world.

Actually a ticket system can be far superior to voice support. For some things it is much easier to provide information using attachments and such instead of trying to describe it over the phone.

With the GoDaddy phone support we often get a representative that is not qualified and will use whatever explanati9n they can to place the blame elsewhere so they don't need to do anything. That has happened to me many times. I know that they were incorrect by blaming me because I eventually get a GoDaddy person that is qualified to fix the GoDaddy problem. For example, I had a problem with a Zone File but the GoDaddy person always insisted it was not a GoDaddy problem until finally I got someone that knew how to fix it.

You hit the nail on the head. The GoDaddy support system is now full of front line reps who will put the blame on you instead of working to help resolve the issue, which most time they are unqualified to do. And with the email ticket system gone, which in the past was a great way to find a qualified agent, you will be left with no resolution and forced to figure it out on your own, or simply leave for another host. 

RachelM
Community Manager

Hi all,

As mentioned in @Heather's post above, we offer phone support 24/7 and if you're not in the United States, you can call local numbers to your region that are available here.

Chat is currently available 5am to 6:30pm Arizona time Monday-Friday. Please access GoDaddy chat by clicking on the "Product Support" link at the bottom of our United States homepage. You'll probably have to manually change the region you're located in to the United States. The chat button may not appear if the chat queue is super busy. You can leave your browser open to the chat page and the chat button will reappear when the queue becomes available. Chat hours are available Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM (Arizona, USA time zone: GMT-7:00).

We also offer help documents here and of course we have great community members who are willing to help out. 

Thanks much!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post