cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Would like an alternative to chat or phone support for certain issues

I would like an alternative to phone or chat when reporting a problem or submitting a suggestion. Phone or chat support is more timely and often much better than email when a user needs help with a current issue.  However, there are subjects that are better handled through email. These include non-time-sensitive issued such as:

• Suggestions for new products or features.
  • Reporting problems with the website (meaning Godaddy's own website) or back-end processes.
  • Reporting problems for which the user is not currently out of service (for example, the user found a work-around, but still would like it to be supported so that it can to be fixed).

My experience, based on many years of providing and managing technical support functions at a Fortune 100 company is that chat- or telephone-based customer support processes do not adequately handle suggestions (which often "fall on the floor") or website problems (because there is no detailed documentation). In addition, the principal goal of chat and phone agents is to get the customer back in service quickly; these processes are often not adept at handling issues in which the customer is not out of service.

In my current situation, I had to spend a very long time tonight making repeated purchases, which was very irritating. The problem may have started eleven years or so ago when I saw that one of my services (legacy email forwarding) had expired and I tried to renew it. I was unable to do so because when I tried to pay for it, I was told there was no charge, yet it still said that it needed to be renewed. I contacted support and was told not to worry about it, since forwarding would continue to work. The same thing happened the next year, and the next, and finally I did just quit worrying about it.

Well, this year, when I went to check my payment methods prior to a renewal of one of my domains, there was a pink box at the top of the Account page that said "We can't renew Email Forwarding because of a payment issue." Down the page, it showed that I owed for the payment that had not been made oh so many years ago. I paid for it along with the domain that was due, but noted that, unlike the domain, there was no way to select more than one year for legacy email forwarding. When I went back to the account page, it again said "We can't renew Email Forwarding because of a payment issue."

By the time I was finished, it made me do a separate payment, year after year, until I caught up to this year. That was 11 separate purchases.

Obviously, apart from the inability to have made payments along the way (which I imagine has now been fixed), one or both of the following should be possible: catch up to arrears in one transaction, or the ability to pay for multiple years for email forwarding at once.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment here, but please do consider adding a way for users to report non-urgent issues.

Jim

Retired information technology manager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Would like an alternative to chat or phone support for certain issues

Hi @JPH- Thanks for reaching out and providing feedback. Sorry you had trouble with this. From what I know, we have two types of email forwarding plans. Most people use the plans that come with domain registrations. Those are credits good for 100 forwarding addresses. However, we also sell a 5 address pack for cases where a customer needs them but doesn't have their domain through us. It may be that you have a 5 address plan that has not expired for some reason. This is the first time I've ever heard of this happening.

It is possible to move email addresses from one Workspace Email plan to another. In your situation, if you have free forwarding credits, it may be possible to move any forwarding addresses you may have to free credits and get a refund for the renewals you had to process. You'll want to contact our customer care team to see if a refund is available. 

If you access the Workspace Control Center, you should be able to see how many forwards are on each plan. Forwarding plans will usually have the number of addresses used over the amount available. For example, it may say "25/100 accounts used - free account". I'd look for a plan that has x/5 used. If you have any addresses on that plan but also have free accounts available, you may be able to move the addresses to the free plan by using the steps outlined here

Also, to touch on your points about support options, this is definitely feedback we've heard before. It's possible that we may bring back a ticketing system sometime in the future, but I've not heard of any solid plans for this yet. If you don't wish to call or chat with support, providing feedback or reporting system-wide issues (like a problem with our site) is OK to do here. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook. However, for anything account specific, you will need to contact support via the channels that are available. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @JPH- Thanks for reaching out and providing feedback. Sorry you had trouble with this. From what I know, we have two types of email forwarding plans. Most people use the plans that come with domain registrations. Those are credits good for 100 forwarding addresses. However, we also sell a 5 address pack for cases where a customer needs them but doesn't have their domain through us. It may be that you have a 5 address plan that has not expired for some reason. This is the first time I've ever heard of this happening.

It is possible to move email addresses from one Workspace Email plan to another. In your situation, if you have free forwarding credits, it may be possible to move any forwarding addresses you may have to free credits and get a refund for the renewals you had to process. You'll want to contact our customer care team to see if a refund is available. 

If you access the Workspace Control Center, you should be able to see how many forwards are on each plan. Forwarding plans will usually have the number of addresses used over the amount available. For example, it may say "25/100 accounts used - free account". I'd look for a plan that has x/5 used. If you have any addresses on that plan but also have free accounts available, you may be able to move the addresses to the free plan by using the steps outlined here

Also, to touch on your points about support options, this is definitely feedback we've heard before. It's possible that we may bring back a ticketing system sometime in the future, but I've not heard of any solid plans for this yet. If you don't wish to call or chat with support, providing feedback or reporting system-wide issues (like a problem with our site) is OK to do here. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook. However, for anything account specific, you will need to contact support via the channels that are available. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New

Thanks. I will give them a call.