cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Authentication Failed" when I try to unsubscribe from GoDaddy email notifications

At the bottom of emails from GoDaddy forums, there's a bit of text: "To control which emails we send you, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe."

If I click either of those links I get to helpful forms, but when I try to save the changes or click "yes, unsubscribe" I get to an "Authentication Failed" page that contains no title or text. The URL is https://uk.godaddy.com/community/action/confirmationpage.confirmationform.form.form.form

I have no way to contact GoDaddy to let them know that the site is broken and preventing me to unsubscribing in accordance with EU law.

Any ideas? :S

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Authentication Failed" when I try to unsubscribe from GoDaddy email notifications

Hey @cassolotl. Thanks for reaching out. I'll get that to our developers right away. This looks to be part of your Community subscriptions. We sometimes have difficulty with URLs that don't use the US region (anything other than WWW). Please try this:

1. Visit our home page.
  2. Change the region to US in the upper right-hand corner. 
  3. Try clicking the link in your email again. 

Feel free to follow up with me via PM if that doesn't work. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

Re: "Authentication Failed" when I try to unsubscribe from GoDaddy email notifications

In my browser at least, localisation is in the upper left corner of the GoDaddy homepage, not the upper right.

Aside from that, your instructions worked for the unsubscribe link, but it didn't work for updating my email notification preferences in settings. I still get an "authentication failed" empty page for that.

Still unsubscribing from everything is better than nothing. Thanks, and I hope the developers can sort it out because wow that's a bad bug!