• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Hello i'm new to go daddy web site builder

Hi im new to this community and from the UK

I am  building my first website and I've enjoyed doing that I've had loads of views but no sales yet so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

But any advice would be greatly welcomed 

debbie bradburn
    7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hello i'm new to go daddy web site builder

Hi @rylee2010

Thanks for posting into our community forums all the way from the UK Smiley Happy 

Congrats on creating your first website. I suggest posting your website URL so some of our community members can take a look and offer some advice! 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi

Thank you for replying to my post not sure what you can put in your posting with ref to my website this is mine below. I would love any feedback not had any sales at all.

So any feedback would be great

And again thank you for the reply

kidstshirt.co.uk

debbie bradburn
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@rylee2010

Hey, Debbie:

How long has your site been "out there"?  Getting rankings takes a lot of time and even more work.

Also, you'll want to make sure to get your site verified and added to Google Console

then submit a sitemap.  That can help put you on the map.  Don't forget about off-line marketing opportunities too!  Fairs, craft markets, community events.  Have cool business cards that you leave everywhere you go!

Comments...

=> If I do a search for custom t-shirts and gifts uk -- 57,000,000 results.  So you are in a very saturated market.  You'll have to work on showing why your site, products, service is different and better than those already ranked.

=> No About Page -- this is where you sell you and your business.  You want to talk about why you started your business, what you are passionate about, what separates you from all the rest.  Try to stay away from generic hype that could apply to any t-shirt site.  Add a photo or two of you and your staff to personalize the site and make you more approachable.

=> No Policy, Terms of Service, Returns, Shipping info, FAQ pages -- these pages build trust and visitors will expect to see those on your site.

=> It looks like you are shipping to every country on the planet.  That is not recommend unless you are aware of all the import, shipping and customs regulations for each.  Plus there are just come countries that are difficult to ship to and track your packages. Choose a handful of countries that you are confident about and that you know the costs for.  You can always investigate more later.

=> I put an item in the cart, and no shipping was added.  Used PayPal and it went right to PayPal for without adding any shipping.  Do you ship everything for free -- everywhere? Not being upfront about shipping is one of the top reasons for cart abandonment.  You want to advise and display shipping before any payment information is required.  When I put in my address and clicked continue I received an error "We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items."  I am in the USA. 

=> Your top nav bar should have the above pages as well.  The Contact form on the lower portion of the home page may never be seen.  You want to put a link to a page with your Contact form in your top header.

=> Start adding some boards and pins to your Pinterest account -- otherwise delete that icon.

=> It seems there is an empty widgetized area on the homepage above Family.  Remove that to tighten things up.  Word on the Family text to have the same amount in each of the three sections so visually they look even.

=> If I don't want to personalize, I get an error message -- "Enter personalisation to add to cart"

=> Go through all your content and product descriptions and make sure that your sentences are capitalized and ended with a period (front page Family area too).   You want your sentences to be short and sweet -- no more that 15 words.  Paragraphs no more than 2-3 sentences.  This makes your content easier to read.

=> Consider adding a Blog.  This will allow you to add content that shows your personality, love for your business and make your site unique -- and that you can optimize for search engines.

I know all of the above may be overwhelming -- but the good news is it is all stuff you can do!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi 

Thank you again for your comments.

I was checking the issue with the cart not showing shipping I have done it as thou I was buying something you have to press continue to get the costing .

I was checking the fast check out and it does get confusing if you select that so I'm wondering if I can remove this.

The about page is under the family page do you think I should rename it , I will look at the no policy info I thought it was in there .

I can see your items in the cart I was also wondering if you had getting email with an offer of 10% off your order if you complete at checkout.

I will look at the personalised bit we had set up so that they just had to enter the name if wanted one or no I don't need one.

I will look at a blog its not something I have dine before so not sure how I would start one off 

But again thank you for your feedback .

debbie bradburn
    Super User II
    Solution

@rylee2010

Hey, Debbie -- you are welcome!   No, I didn't get a discount coupon.

Use your top menu to have the common stuff folks look for to determine if they are going to do business with you (and build trust).  About, Contact, FAQ, Policies, etc.   Use that to your advantage.

You've already made some great changes!  To your success! Smiley Wink

Judith

Hi

Hope you are well, I was wondering if you would be able to take another look at my site i've  done some changes and was wondering what they look like from a customer point of view.

I have some more to do  like the privacy policy I was also wondering if the fast check out can be removed and if so how do I do it ,

Thank you 

debbie bradburn
    Super User II

@rylee2010

I see you changed the front page a bit -- but the rest of the suggestions (most of which are critical to building trust) as you noted still need to be put in place.  So from a customer POV, I don't really see anything that would change my original impression or recommendations.

As far as fast checkout -- not sure what you mean by that.  Checkout is what it is in GoCentral --  you do have some options as to fields in  Store > Settings > General > Checkout (Require shipping address phone numbers).  That's about it. Smiley Wink

Judith