• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Help why won't people buy

Help! Over the past month I've had over 450 views to my online store but still no sales what am I doing wrong.

I've tidy it up added information to it about the postal costs, ive even gone to the trouble of setting up an ad on google Ad words.

I've even advertise on Facebook ran competition  on Facebook but still nothing.  I'm about to give up and move over to shopify next month.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light please 

debbie bradburn
    10 REPLIES 10
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Help why won't people buy

@rylee2010 wrote:

Help! Over the past month I've had over 450 views to my online store but still no sales what am I doing wrong.

I've tidy it up added information to it about the postal costs, ive even gone to the trouble of setting up an ad on google Ad words.

I've even advertise on Facebook ran competition  on Facebook but still nothing.  I'm about to give up and move over to shopify next month.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light please 

@rylee2010 I'm not sure the "store" is the problem...if I were to want to buy something that you're selling, I would buy it regardless of if you were using a Godaddy store, Shopify or anything else. 

---

Thank you I just can't think of anything else I can do but  thank you for your comment 

debbie bradburn
    Super User II
    Super User II

@rylee2010 wrote:

Thank you I just can't think of anything else I can do but  thank you for your comment 

@rylee2010 Just like with anything else you should take the demand for your product and the price of the product into consideration as well. I know its troubling not getting sales, I'm in sales myself. Good luck to you in the future Debbie. You may want to try posting your site here in the community to get some feedback on it as well.

---

I've had my online store for over a year now. I'm still trying to learn how to drive more traffic to my site. I wish I had that many views in a month. Until I can get there, I focus on face to face interactions as well as social media.
    New

You need to increase traffic to your website.

Paid search, social media advertising and display advertising are all excellent ways of attracting visitors.

showbox

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @rylee2010,

It would be great if you shared the url to your website so others can give you some helpful tips as to how to drive more traffic and sales for your business. Thanks!

Rachel

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @beardjusticellc,

It would be great if you posted the url to your website so others can take a look and give you some potential suggestions as to how to improve traffic to your website. Thanks much!

Rachel

Hi 

Sorry for the delay in the reply this is my online store https://kidstshirt.co.uk/

debbie bradburn
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

@rylee2010

Hi again, Debbie.... 😉

I did a quick check on the suggestions I made here last month and the majority were not implemented.  Those recommendations are all really important to giving the perception of credibility and trust.

What also concerns me is you are not building your brand.  Without your own unique identity you are unable to stand out from the crowd.  A Site title of: "Custom T-Shirts and Gifts" doesn't say anything about your family business and what makes it so special.  It just adds to the cookie-cutter feel of the site.

Go through last month's post and check off each and every one of those items.  Once you get all that in place, you'll then have a better chance of attracting buyers that may find your site.

If you have any questions about last month's post -- just let me know, okay? 😉

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Also I would suggest filtering out your personal IP address in your web traffic data.  Especially in the beginning while your in the early states of building your business or your sites traffic and begin optimization.  

I clearly remember my failure to this led to misleading data,

Only later realizing I was putting too much time in trying to improve web pages pages only I was visiting. 

This is an easy fix, go here for your IP filter  Google Analytics

If you've never heard of Google Analytics, check it out below. Its really not an option,  for eCommerce business this is a must have. With out it, you might as well be swinging at a pinata in the dark and blindfold.

googleanalytics.png