• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Help with New Cleaning Company Website

Hello all, I am very new to the community and would like to get some help/advice with my new Cleaning Business website that I am still in the process of building. I would like advice on my layout/design/content. Please feel free to critique as honestly as you possibly can. I have no experience at all this is my first time but I would like it to look professional. https://elitecleaningprosatl.com/ Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Help with New Cleaning Company Website

You're off to a great start @Elite_Clean! I'm often empressed by the look of websites using the GoDaddy Website Builder platform but you seem to have an especially good grasp of what you want. 

Some things I'd suggest:

• Don't overcrowd the homepage
    • Watch your titles

It seems like you are making a one page website that has multiple pages? Almost all of the content is on your homepage and then duplicated in subpages of your website. Text on the front page of your website is helpful for SEO but if it's primarily content already contained in other pages it might appear arbitrary? I'd say just a summary on your homepage and go more in depth is your About Us page. Even things like the contact form and map might not need to go on the homepage? Overall I'd just say reduce the homepage content and make it more graphical. 

I'd also say to watch your menu titles. Blog Spot might not mean as much of something like Our Blog. I'd perhaps use Promotions over Promotions & Specials. Those are small things though, overall you are on your way! I hope that helps a bit? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your assistance. I have done some of the things you suggested such as changing the titles. I am not quite sure about what to do with my home page. You said try not to overcrowd but the content on that page is what drives my seo. So what do I do? I'm at a loss.

Thank you very much for taking the time to assist me. I changed the titles you suggested. However, I'm at a loss when it comes to the home page. You said not to overcrowd it but the information on the first page is what helps with my seo, which I don't have much of.
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

I read that back and it did appear like a bit of double talk? Let me try and clarify @Elite_Clean. What goes on your homepage is important. It is what search engines look at and it is of course what is initially seen by your visitors in many cases. What you want to do is make sure that the information provided is concise. With more and more traffic coming via mobile browsers keeping the fluff down while providing information is essential. Loading a kitchen sink page (one page with all of the information) might be great for you SEO but not so great to view if you're visiting and having to load everything. 

I think that the whole bottom map/contact us can go off your homepage because your business address is already in your header. Adding the graphical map is just fluff. You can include all of that information on your Contact Us page (all of that information is already there). I'd also day to make sure that you go to Google Business and submit your hours of operations, pictures, description... rather than solely relying on your website fir that information. I've had people never see a website and visit a business solely on what they found in Google, YP, Foursquare...

For the Overview and graphical element above it seems like the can be combined? There should be some stock pictures that would describe each of your headings great? In the graphic you have "Commercial Cleanings" and then you have the same information in Overview with a brief (your briefs should really be brief and not the entire information). I would make a section for each graphic and brief. Just a picture, under the picture (or on the picture) Office/Commercial Cleanings, a short description and a Find Out More link. I would do that for Promotions, Client Testimonials, We Care About the Details and Residential Cleanings as well.

I like the beginning "Reliable and Trustworthy Cleaning Service Residential and Commercial Cleaning and maid Service in Atlanta Cleaning service in Atlanta Cleaning service in Marietta" but I'd privacy save the rest of that information for the About Us and just say "Licensed, Reliable, Friendly" on the homepage (of whatever words you want to convey). I like how you have the About Us page, basically I'm saying that your homepage should be a more concise with the same text, then graphic format. 

Though I'm not here to sell you anything I want to point you to a resource that I found very helpful. The tool is GoDaddy Locu or GoDaddy Get Found Local (not sure what name sticks) but it's a great tool for local based brick and mortar businesses like yours. I documented my experience in a probably far too long post and I've been crazy about it since I've seen what a great tool it is. Check out my post GoDaddy Locu For Getting Found Online. Again, not selling but I do suggest using the free Locu Business Scanner to give you an baseline. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head