• GoDaddy Community
  • Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to choose a website template for your website

Building a website needs to fulfill a lot of preliminary tasks. An attractive domain name is essential like the business itself. After deciding on the domain name, get a web host where you can store the website files. Then you need to focus on the contents that you want to publish on the website. These contents should be different for each website. If you are planning for a personal travel blog site to launch, articles on different travel destinations and your personal travel experience should be prioritized. On the other hand, if you are starting a new business through the online platform, the contents should be relevant to the services you want to provide, the exclusive offers you can provide to your customers and the overall target of your business should be included in your official site.

Once you are ready with these initial necessary things, now it’s time to build up a pro-like website.

The web-building procedure requires taking the layouts and overall site designing decisions. What are you thinking about now? Being a non-techie person, you don’t have such designing, developing and digital marketing experiences. Don’t worry. With the help of readymade web designing templates, you can easily build up your own website.The information below will help you to get a clear idea about this.

The types of templates you should choose:

Depending on your brand guidelines, the nature of the business and the provision of the business – you should determine the features of templates that are the most feasible.

Before you finalize the template choice, understand your audience and their demands. After realizing these, you can determine the voice you want to portray through the website. Believe us; this information will be really helpful in figuring out the style and the features of your website.

To find a template that perfectly meets your business requirements you can start your searching process by different categories such as restaurants and eating joints, online stores, real estate, garment stores and more.

Specific templates are available for your personal websites like portfolios, blogs or weddings as well. All templates are customizable. So you can choose any readymade template of your choice and make the relevant changes before publishing it.

Selecting templates with important built-in features:

Remember, whatever template you choose to create your website, check whether it has in-built SEO features. Without doing Search Engine Optimization, you cannot attract viewers to your site. The success and popularity strictly depend on how many people are browsing them regularly. 

Another top requirement is to have a secured payment gateway. This is the most important factor when you want to start an online store. People those who visit your site will order for a particular product will pay for the product and then you will ship it to the customer. The whole procedure needs to be completed at a safe and secure platform. Your customers’ information should be protected and their bank details should be secured from hackers.

So, before you finalize anything:

• Do your research: look around you, find popular brands and their official websites. Take a look at them. Find out what functionalities and designs that you want most.
    • Keep your target audience in mind: make sure your website matches your personality. But think about the potential customers as well. After all, the website will speak to the potential customers on your behalf.
    • Think about the required features: do you need blog posts? Do you need to sell your products online or it is just a brochure of the products? Make sure you get a template meeting your business needs perfectly.

Hubside is one of the renowned platforms where you will get the templates that fulfill your business needs. So, be ready, select your template and start customizing it.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: How to choose a website template for your website

Hello @mariaweb and thank you for sharing!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***