• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

How to improve the UI of my website

I have a website built with wordpress. It is a blog and I post articles daily. It seems that the layout is ugly. How to improve the UI of the article to offer better user experience?  This is one example of the post :  https://www.noveltyspy.com/syphilis-symptoms-in-men-women/

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: How to improve the UI of my website

@egbert

The layout is pretty much like most websites -- content > sidebar.

For me it's the site's color scheme.  But, colors are subjective, right? Smiley Wink

The blue footer seems to be different than the blue links.  The green social icons with the gray header honeycomb background don't meld well.  Your logo has an additional green and there are lots of different pastels (lavender and gray in the sidebar) mixed in too.  

Try changing the footer to the same color as the link color -- or visa versa.  Then, getting rid of the header background image and going with a flat color could tie things together better. 

On the home page the slider quotes are in yet another color --  yellow.  I would have the quotes be white.

Maybe create a color palette and coordinate 2-3 complimentary colors from that throughout the site? Sticking with 2-3 colors throughout can help make the site more visually appealing.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt