• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Looking for advice, ideas

I've been a GoDaddy customer for web hosting and domain name support for several years. As an author (I write mystery novels), I struggle to find ways to connect online for book sales. I'm in the process of changing my web site nancirathbun.com to WordPress, so don't judge by what you see now. If you have some good ways to boost/manage sales and clicks to my site, I'd love to hear from you.

Nanci

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Rockstar II

@Nanci wrote:

I've been a GoDaddy customer for web hosting and domain name support for several years. As an author (I write mystery novels), I struggle to find ways to connect online for book sales. I'm in the process of changing my web site nancirathbun.com to WordPress, so don't judge by what you see now. If you have some good ways to boost/manage sales and clicks to my site, I'd love to hear from you.

Nanci

Hi @Nanci, your site isn't that bad at all! I've seen lot worse. Once you're switched over to Wordpress I would recommend a paid premium theme for your site, the free themes are over used and under maintained. I typically use ThemeForest for my themes, I believe within your Godaddy account there is a discount for them although I'm not sure. Here is an example of a book theme: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/bookish-wp-theme-for-book-authors-marketers/full_screen_preview/...

There are also themes and plugins that you could use to import your Amazon reviews into your site, I think that'd look great!

-----

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Rockstar II

@Nanci wrote:

Nanci

Hi @Nanci, your site isn't that bad at all! I've seen lot worse. Once you're switched over to Wordpress I would recommend a paid premium theme for your site, the free themes are over used and under maintained. I typically use ThemeForest for my themes, I believe within your Godaddy account there is a discount for them although I'm not sure. Here is an example of a book theme: http://preview.themeforest.net/item/bookish-wp-theme-for-book-authors-marketers/full_screen_preview/...

There are also themes and plugins that you could use to import your Amazon reviews into your site, I think that'd look great!

-----

View solution in original post