• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Mobile site not displaying properly

My mobile website is cutting of my entire website and the photos that are displayed there.  Nothing is in the right place on the mobile version as compared to the desktop version.  Please help with this.

IMG_8750.jpegIMG_8751.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Mobile site not displaying properly

@Dieselchick

Hmmm....  Something is wacky with the desktop version as well.  The home page has two footer menus and a bunch of empty space.  That hunk of empty space is on all the internal pages too.  If that is what the desktop version looks like, responsive layout can be affected by that.

When I go to your site on my Android phone -- it does not look as bad as your screenshot -- but still not elegant and still big areas of dark grey emptiness.

That leaves me with the coding or design. Especially considering the huge block of blank grey areas. So it could be an issue of responsiveness not being implemented properly or the design/layout is just not conducive to looking good on smaller screens.

You'll also want to go https as well -- standard and customary trust builder.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

@Muse, I'm using a theme template right from the builder for the page so I'm not sure why it's not working properly.  I can't seem to get rid of the grey space from all the pages at all.  I called and the person I spoke with said there's no way to get rid of it I just have to format each page separately to rectify that problem.  That seems inconvenient to me.  I'm not a web designer but this seemed easy enough to use when I first started it but there have been so many upgrades and things have changed.  I just want a nice website that works like it's supposed to.  I'm not sure how to fix it or if I even can and I would really prefer to not have to start all over from scratch.

Super User I

@Dieselchick

Hmmm...   What builder are you on?  Are you on GoCentral?  If not what are you on?  To me it looks so outdated.  If you are on the old "web builder" platform, consider moving to the new GoCentral.

With any "builder" you are limited to what can be done because you really have no access to the code.  That's one reason I hate builders -- too constraining.   

GoCentral even being a "builder" at least it is responsive and provides some nice contemporary layouts for basic sites.  Maybe consider moving to GoCentral if that is not what you are currently on?

Judith

I don't know how to see what builder I'm using so I'm not sure which it is.  So I guess I'll have to see if I can figure out how to move it.

Thank you for your help.

Ok so I'm using the Business website builder.  I changed the theme and it seems to be working better as far as the mobile site goes but it's still cutting off the photos.  When I put the photos in I'm using HTML links versus uploading the photos to the site.  Could that be what my issue is @Muse?

Super User I

@Dieselchick

I've not used the builder you reference, however, I would most definitely try uploading images vs. using your own HTML to see how that hashes out.

Builders are contained "eco-systems" and rely on their own code, programming and parameters to make things display the way they should.  I would not be surprised if uploading your photos into the "system" could resolve the issue.

I sure hope so! Smiley Wink

Judith